Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ports are closed for no reason

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rjohnd

rjohnd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 15 May 2016 - 04:10 PM

For some reason my email ports and most all of the others are closed and I can figure out why. I contacted the company hosting my domain and they aren't blocking anything, I contacted my ISP and they are blocking anything. I changed ISP from Verizon to Comcast and the first hour with the new Comcast router I was able to get email and I thought I had the problem solved but after about an hour Port 110 and 25 are closed again and I couldn't get email. I purchased my own cable modem and an ASUS router. again for the first hour I was able to get email and then again about an hour later the ports are closed again. I've been trying to figure out why the port are closed. This is effecting all of my computers. I can RDP to to my server and I can get on the Internet, I just can get email and I have Mouseshare which allows me to control three computers from one keyboard and mouse, It stopped working as will because the port it is using is closed also. Has anyone had this problem?  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 15 May 2016 - 05:39 PM

Are the ports being blocked at your router?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users