Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Add more ram

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ofekl

ofekl

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:39 PM

I dont know what ram type I should buy . I have 2 sticks of 4gb .
Do I need to buy 4gb ? would 8gb work ? what about frequency and ddr?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:42 PM

we need a little more information about your setup to accurately assist you

try downloading cpuz ( www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html ) for information about your system and the ram it is currently running, if you cant understand the screen post a screen shot and we'd be glad to assist you

#3 ofekl

ofekl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:47 PM

try downloading cpuz ( www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html ) for information about your system and the ram it is currently running, if you cant understand the screen post a screen shot and we'd be glad to assist you

QltsKGB.png

NB Frequency is jumping from 1000~4500 

try downloading cpuz ( www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html ) for information about your system and the ram it is currently running, if you cant understand the screen post a screen shot and we'd be glad to assist you

Edited by ofekl, 15 May 2016 - 03:48 PM.

#4 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:53 PM

I cant seem to view the .png you uploaded but if im correct your dram frequency should be the speed of memory you would need to use as well as above it will state DDR,DDR2,DDR3,DDR4.

Edited by hamluis, 15 May 2016 - 04:14 PM.
Removed unnecessary quotebox - Hamluis.

#5 ofekl

ofekl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2016 - 04:01 PM

http://imgur.com/QltsKGB

800 MHZ doesnt really make sense for me , i barerly found any online.

Mod Edit:  No need to quote each post...there are only 2 persons in this discussion and it's clear what is being stated - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 15 May 2016 - 04:17 PM.

#6 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 15 May 2016 - 04:05 PM

MSI H97M-G43 motherboard specs... https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/H97M-G43.html#hero-specification

#7 Fascist Nation

Fascist Nation

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:22 PM

So max RAM is 32GB = 8GB DDR3 1,600MHz x 4 sticks

Current RAM is in improper slots for dual channel mode if in fact 2 x 4GB arrangement exists.  Clearly 8GB CAS10 1,600MHz is present. I'm a little disappointed CPU-z doesn't make the arrangement clear without having to go to SPD and drop down each slot.

Hard to believe you need more than 8GB, but if you do then get two more sticks in whatever size you want and plug them in.  I recommend figuring out which channel the current sticks should be first or timing issues may occur.

hattip Agouti for the MB mfg link, and to TripleDeuce for getting us some info so we didn't need to consult the psychic hotline.

Edited by Fascist Nation, 16 May 2016 - 01:28 PM.

#8 ofekl

ofekl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:49 PM

So max RAM is 32GB = 8GB DDR3 1,600MHz x 4 sticks

Current RAM is in improper slots for dual channel mode if in fact 2 x 4GB arrangement exists.  Clearly 8GB CAS10 1,600MHz is present. I'm a little disappointed CPU-z doesn't make the arrangement clear without having to go to SPD and drop down each slot.

Hard to believe you need more than 8GB, but if you do then get two more sticks in whatever size you want and plug them in.  I recommend figuring out which channel the current sticks should be first or timing issues may occur.

hattip Agouti for the MB mfg link, and to TripleDeuce for getting us some info so we didn't need to consult the psychic hotline.

I was wrong , I dont know why I remembered having 2 x 4gb . I have one 8GB just checked .
I want to add 4gb more since im going to keep my computer for a while and im multitasking a lot .In addition , ram isn't expensive at all compared to other computer parts .

I honstely wont know where to put it , there are extra 3 slots for ram .

#9 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:42 PM

typically the channels are colour coded so place 2 sticks in black slots for example and 2 slots in blue slots for example is ideal as opposed to one in blue and one in black, just remember ram is only designed to fit one way so line up the slots on the board and the slots in the "socket" before exerting any pressure (don't go hulk and snap your board) also please remember that ram run in dual channel mode will only run as fast as the slowest ram you have in there so it is best to use the same speeds ie: 2 x1600 run at 1600 or 1x1066 and 1x1600 will only run in 1066 (if I am incorrect please correct me as it has been a while since I mismatched ram speeds)

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:33 AM

That motherboard is capable of running in dual channel.  Dual channel effectively doubles the RAM throughput speed, so it is worth using.

In order to run in dual channel you need a pair of matched modules.

Please run Speccy Snapshot.  This will list the manufacturer and part number of the RAM that is installed.  With this information we can find a matched module or modules.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#11 ofekl

ofekl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:49 AM

That motherboard is capable of running in dual channel.  Dual channel effectively doubles the RAM throughput speed, so it is worth using.

In order to run in dual channel you need a pair of matched modules.

Please run Speccy Snapshot.  This will list the manufacturer and part number of the RAM that is installed.  With this information we can find a matched module or modules.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/0K5i0Uf185TUzFm3tzdWAH5

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:58 AM

Here you go.  This will give you a total of 16GB of RAM.   

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104442&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Memory+%28Desktop+Memory%29-_-N82E16820104442&gclid=CjwKEAjwguu5BRDq8uSKhaKIzDkSJACQ7WJluhaWr6DnZWfmd6tunF7TLKSP_HWQaQTqvyxdne0Q4BoCYOPw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#13 ofekl

ofekl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:33 PM

Thank you very much ! 

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:38 PM

Glad to assist. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users