Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop won't recognize my AMD graphics card

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 meatduck12

meatduck12

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:13 PM

· OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista ? Windows 10
· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64-bit
· What was original installed OS on system? Windows 8.1
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? OEM
· Age of system (hardware) 1 year
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? No, other than installing Windows 10

· CPU - Intel Core i7 5500u @ 2.40 Ghz
· Video Card - AMD Radeon R9 M275(not recognized by laptop) and Intel HD Graphics 5000

· System Manufacturer - Lenovo
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) - Y40-80

This issue started when I got rid of the AMD drivers in order to solve an issue with BSODs. However, when I tried to install the new drivers, it failed as it couldn't find any compatible hardware. This is because the graphics card doesn't show up anywhere as what it is, and in Device Manager, shows up as an unknown device with the only driver option being Microsoft default. Is there any way to fix this issue?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:38 PM

Have you tried installing the Microsoft default, then updating with your AMD drivers?

#3 meatduck12

meatduck12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:21 PM

Seems to have fixed it, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users