Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changeing screen background

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:00 AM

When a person changes their main screen background does one also have to reset their default preferences each time they make a change?  Such as sleep; hibernate; duration of how long etc ;etc.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:39 AM

As far as I'm aware, screen background and power options are independent options and should not affect one another.  But who knows, someone might come along and say I'm just blabbering.

Edited by Agouti, 15 May 2016 - 11:40 AM.

#3 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:01 PM

screen background and power options are independent options and should not affect one another.

+1

#4 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:28 PM

I agree as well they should not affect one another. Yet for the last 3 days they have been.  While working on other issues I have had to reboot several times each time settings and options are changing a little each time. No idea why

#5 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,875 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:59 PM

Can you list the steps you take to change the screen background?

While working on other issues I have had to reboot several times each time settings and options are changing a little each time. No idea why

This may be a different problem, and if so would be appropriate to discuss in a different thread.

Edited by Al1000, 15 May 2016 - 03:00 PM.

#6 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:10 PM

In answer to your question, If I right click on my desktop I have an option to change background. I click on it I get a screen with all the different backgrounds installed on my pc.  Chose one click on it the back ground is changed.  Not much user input involved.

Some additional background.  I shut down my pc all night last night, rebooted this AM and since then my screen turns off about 43 seconds after it comes on.

The origional setting was for 1 hour 47 minutes.

#7 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,875 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:15 PM

In answer to your question, If I right click on my desktop I have an option to change background. I click on it I get a screen with all the different backgrounds installed on my pc. Chose one click on it the back ground is changed. Not much user input involved.

Precisely what affect does changing the background have on sleep, hibernate, and whatever else you think is affected?

Some additional background. I shut down my pc all night last night, rebooted this AM and since then my screen turns off about 43 seconds after it comes on.

The origional setting was for 1 hour 47 minutes.

I suggest starting a different thread for this problem, as it doesn't sound as if it's related to the screen background.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users