Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello everyone, new to this forum :D I have my CPU running at 100%!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Matty31

Matty31

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 14 May 2016 - 07:54 AM

Hi there people how are you?  I'm new to this forum so firstly hello hope you re all well?

I have n issue regarding my CPU which seems to be at 100% all the time,  I've checked the Processes and they show Google chrome using most Memory but only at 5%  I assume the Virus is a hidden process?  I'm running windows 7 and have AVG Anti Virus Free.  Any ideas how I go about getting rid of this virus?  I've tried running a scan in safe mode but am limited in my knowledge :/

Also anyone know if this software is ok? vprot.exe *32

Thanks for reading!

Matt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,668 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:11 AM

Hello Matt and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Also anyone know if this software is ok? vprot.exe *32

That is is a part of AVG Safe Search

Try to disable AVG temporarily and see if that improves things.

Personally I would ditch, (uninstall),  AVG and install Microsoft Security Essentials.

Let me know what happens. If disabling AVG doesn't change things we'll have some scans to see what the situation is.

Nina

Edited by satchfan, 14 May 2016 - 09:12 AM.

My help is always free of charge. If you are happy with the help provided, if you wish you can make a donation to buy me a beer.

#3 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,668 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2016 - 02:14 AM

Hi

It has been several days since I replied to your request for help with your computer problems.

Please let me know if you are having problems and still need help.

Thanks

Satchfan

My help is always free of charge. If you are happy with the help provided, if you wish you can make a donation to buy me a beer.

#4 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,668 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:55 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users