Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help!!! Windows Activation Pro Virus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 brooklyn113

brooklyn113

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:20 PM

Hey guys, so I accidentally downloaded a NASTY virus to my computer. When I log into my Windows account, all I see is a blank black screen and a box that says "windows activation pro" pops up. It asks me to enter my windows product code as suspicious software has been detected on my computer.

I can only access the task manager as far as I know. I downloaded Kaspersky Rescue Disk, since I don't have access to my desktop, to scan and remove the virus. It ran for a few hours and I quarantined and deleted files per Kaspersky's recommendation. I closed and rebooted and the virus was STILL on there. Now I am running it again and it has come up with MORE Trojans. Should I have deleted all the files, instead of quarantine?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:39 PM

Did you try Kaspersky's unlocker on the Rescue Disk before doing a scan.

http://support.kaspersky.com/us/viruses/disinfection/8005#block3

#3 brooklyn113

brooklyn113
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:55 PM

I followed the instructions below,

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/36403/how-to-use-the-kaspersky-rescue-disk-to-clean-your-infected-pc/

Everything worked fine except the actual virus removal. Would Kaspersky unlocker help with that?

#4 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:15 PM

Hello, are you able to access the hh h brower? Open you task manager then click file, new task. Then type hh h hit enter.

Ok, then go online via the HH H browser then download and run https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/85-processclose/

It has a built in browser, then google Zemana Antimalware from within the tool, run a deep scan with it.

Zemana Scan

Run a full scan with Zemana AntiMalware!

Install and select deep scan.

jdmyscF.jpg

Remove any infections found.

Then click on the icon in the pic below.

DOLGyto.jpg

Double click on the scan log, copy and paste here in your reply.

Edited by InadequateInfirmity, 13 May 2016 - 05:17 PM.

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:17 PM

No Unlocker is only for unlocking the first screen. You would need to rescan to see if there was still an infection then go into Windows and do your normal scans. Did Unlocker remove the popup of the malware?

Edited by JohnC_21, 13 May 2016 - 05:19 PM.

#6 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:06 AM

@brooklyn113

Any update for us?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users