Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

American Truck Simulator

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:08 PM

There's this great game that I bought the day it was released, and it's called American Truck Simulator. Basically drive semi trucks and haul stuff around the country, but is very fun. As of right now there is California and Nevada, and Arizona expected very soon.

http://americantrucksimulator.com/

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 15 May 2016 - 06:09 PM

There is also a European version and - if you want to try driving on the 'wrong' side of the road - I think there is a British version as well. I've seen them but having spent 20 odd years driving trucks of all shapes and sizes it never appealed to me enough to buy a copy.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:02 AM

There is also a European version and - if you want to try driving on the 'wrong' side of the road - I think there is a British version as well. I've seen them but having spent 20 odd years driving trucks of all shapes and sizes it never appealed to me enough to buy a copy.

Chris Cosgrove

Britian is included in Euro Truck Simulator 2. Not sure about 1.

#4 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:37 PM

Yes, I have played ETS2, although the scenery does not vary much.

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:11 PM

Looks like a cool game. I showed it to some real truck drivers.

One wanted to know why they didn't have an International or Mack truck.

Another wondered if the simulation would include a scenario of traffic on the interstate being at a standstill because of a major wreck up ahead and there is no way to get around it or having to navigate through a multi-miles longs interstate construction or drivers of passenger vehicles getting nervous when a big truck is near them or drivers of cars cutting to close in front of them without realizing it takes a big rig longer to slow down and stop than it does a car.

If my dad were alive, he would say "I don't need a game. I lived it for the 40 years I drove a truck".

Those still driving said "I live it every day. Don't need a game about it".

I am sure there are truckers who would like the game, or at least try it to see exactly how realistic it is.

#6 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:21 PM

Another wondered if the simulation would include a scenario of traffic on the interstate being at a standstill because of a major wreck up ahead and there is no way to get around it or having to navigate through a multi-miles longs interstate construction or drivers of passenger vehicles getting nervous when a big truck is near them or drivers of cars cutting to close in front of them without realizing it takes a big rig longer to slow down and stop than it does a car.

If my dad were alive, he would say "I don't need a game. I lived it for the 40 years I drove a truck".

I am sure there are truckers who would like the game, or at least try it to see exactly how realistic it is.

I know that cars in Euro Truck Simulator 2 almost always turn in front of you. I think they are worried about your brakes.  :wacko:

#7 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:22 PM

Haha. Yeah, they're slowly but surely expanding the map. The reason they only have 3 trucks right now is because of licensing issues, they need to get the licenses sorted out with the truck manufacturers before they can legally put them in-game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users