Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 meomy

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:49 PM

Computer extremely SLOW online off & on. Mouse GONE WILD! Periodically have no control over it, jumps around erraticaly clicking files off & on. Running WINDOWS 8.1, 64bit. 
Ran over & over run the following: cleaned out junk files, Startups, services, stopped running processes etc., cleaned out REGISTRY, cleaned out history/google etc, & "Prograns & Features", stopped Trend Micro Password. 
Used several cleaners & other programs (afterwards deleted most). REBOOTED. Next run CCleaner, HitmanPro & Malwarebytes, 
REBOOTED, NEXT RUN again CCleaner, HitmanPro, Trend Micro, as well as 1st Housecall & 2nd ATTK FakeAV Removal Tool both by Trend Micro & last ran HijackThis.  
Just finished with posting on Bleeping Computer under malware & was told none existed on my LP. Will SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON!  As a matter of fact "MOUSE JUST NOW STARTED TO DO IT AGAIN as I type".  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 meomy

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:58 PM

So far i've solved the problem.  Deleted the installed mouse in Device Manager & rebooted computer.  Now mouse ok. 

#3 TommyBoat

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:17 AM

Hi meomy,  

Unsure how old your w/s is but you may consider also, going to the manufacturers website and entering in your Model no. and Serial no. where it asks you, and update your drivers and software.  

Manufacturers frequently put out "patches" and "fixes" based upon input from highly trained and specialized groups of techs and end users that provide vital feedback to correct known issues.  Manufacturers also rely on third parties to provide ports, cables, mice, and other components and then the THIRD PARTY issues THEIR OWN patch and fix and notifies your manufacturer.

The last thing is a manufacturer of a consumer product wants to do is to sit on their laurels and to let their product go unsupported.  People get frustrated with the brandname and will never buy  X  ever again!   Responsible manufacturers have internal and external auditors which impress upon them the need to have RISK brought to a reasonable level.

Update your drivers regularly and perform Windows Updates after as well...

Edited by TommyBoat, 14 May 2016 - 10:20 AM.

#4 dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,173 posts
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:56 AM

Meomy was able to resolve this by using the Device Manager to uninstall the corrupt driver and restarted the computer to have Windows install a new driver.  Corrupt driver aren't unusual, this is why the Device Manager is there.  

I agree, there are situations where upgrading to a newer version of a manufacturer's drivers is a good choice.  But updating just to have the latest driver is not always a good idea.  I've seen members who have had problems with their GPU using NVIDIA drivers.  A driver will quit functioning properly so they go to the appropriate manufacturer's website and download the latest driver only to discover that they don't work even though they are suggested for that specific device.  Usually the member will go back and download the version they had originally and the problem ceases.  Drivers like any of file can and do become corrupted.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users