Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Synaptics Touchpad Very Odd Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Toys4Boys

Toys4Boys

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:04 PM

HP Elitebook 1040 G2

Windows 7 Pro 64

Synaptics ForcePad V1.4 on SMB Port

Firmware: 19.0.17.1

This laptop was recently purchased from the HP Business Outlet and I believe this problem was present from the start. When doing a 2 finger scroll you will see a small scroll icon while scrolling which disappears once you stop. Unfortunately sometimes, pretty frequently, that icon remains after I stop scrolling, and after using the scroll function repeatedly I can have 2 or 3 of these icons. If I place the pointer over the icon it displays the spinning blue symbol indicating that it is busy. I have been able to make the icons disappear by stopping the Synaptics Process, SynTPEnh.exe, but this disables the functions or I can reboot. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the driver as well as re-downloading the driver.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,829 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:28 PM

Have you tried cleaning the touch pad surface.  Also, sometimes dirt and dust can get lodged under the edge and create the fault you see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users