Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Those Darn Mac Commercials

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 03:40 PM

I was just wondering what you guys thought of those new MAC commercials. Honnestly I find that they misrepresent the PC. Like the one about the vacation thing. PCs don't only make pi charts we make pi charts AND videos... For sure you have to get rid of the trial software when you buy it from a manufacturer, and for sure you have to update the drivers but if I guess right I think MACs have to update too...

I would like to hear your opinions :thumbsup:

Edited by Klinkaroo, 07 August 2006 - 05:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 disneycast

disneycast

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 03:51 PM

Theyre just banking on the success of the iPod and think that the populus will buy it because "it's safer". It's ridiculous. The only thing thats good about the iPod is itunes. The battery stinks and so do most of its features. (dont think iam baised...i own an ipod and hate it ...would rather have a CL zen)

#3 magman68classic

magman68classic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2006 - 03:51 PM

I don't really like MACs but I think the concept of the commercials is funny.

I heard an ad on the radio one time...the MAC guy says "Hi I'm a MAC", the PC says "Hi I'm a PC" and then theres a third person who says "Hi, I'm a radio and I offer free music all the time...no downloading or anything. I'm also cheaper than either a PC or a MAC."

I thought it was funny, but I like PCs way more.

#4 disneycast

disneycast

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2006 - 03:52 PM

its just capitalism and an ignorant audience

#5 disneycast

disneycast

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2006 - 03:57 PM

in response to that remark about the radio all i can say is: well if youre a radio then why is the same music played over and over again. In my area you can hear either rock/nu metal, rap,classic rock, soft rock, or talk radio. There are no choices. Your being fed info by msm. Capitalism I say!!!

#6 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 03:59 PM

I think the commercials are kind of funny. I haven't spent THAT much time w/ a mac (my friend has one, and i use them at NCSU every once in a while), so i can't make a clear comparison between a PC and mac. However, i do like the commercial where the PC keeps pausing and freezing.... I'd say that's a pretty accurate interpretation....

#7 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:59 PM

Well I do admit that the MAC may be a little better at doing some thing just like the PC is better at doing other things... I know of alot of Recording studios running macs... I admit that that G5 is tempting but I still think a PC can do it good enough if you know what you are doing...

in response to that remark about the radio all i can say is: well if youre a radio then why is the same music played over and over again. In my area you can hear either rock/nu metal, rap,classic rock, soft rock, or talk radio. There are no choices. Your being fed info by msm. Capitalism I say!!!

Darn... You really got a selection we have 2 stations. Two of them retro kind of stuff and one of those is comunity radio (so some shows are really really awfull) and then we have one decent one but I live in Rimouski PQ and the station most of the shows are based in Montreal (Capitalism for ya...) so it doesn't really have the same feel... They don't listen to our kind of music (where I live we listen alot more of punk/rock (not me personnally...) and montreal is more a rap kind of place...)

Edited by Klinkaroo, 07 August 2006 - 06:02 PM.

#8 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:01 PM

Dont hardly see the MAC commercials. I dont watch enough TV for that.

Radio around here consists of 4 country stations (2 current, 1 retro, 1 classic), 2 rock stations (1 classic/modern, 1 modern/classic/progressive), 1 pop station, 1 r&b hip hop station, 2 adult comtemporary, 1 classic pop, 3 religious stations (all are christian), and NPR (basicly PBS for the radio).

Being as I dont listen to country, pop,r&b, adult contemporary, or religous music and I have a supreame distaste for listening to Born To Be Wild, Sweet Home Alabma, or Bohemian Rapsody 10 times during the day I chose to just listen to CDs and when I need new music I just goto the source and d/l it from them. By the source I mean the Record labels web site. If they offer them for listening I d/l the songs (never a full album more like 2 songs per artist). If I like the music I will find the full CD and buy it. Idont need a 300 dollar iPod

Posted Image

#9 disneycast

disneycast

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:15 PM

i dont use the itunes store. i buy cd's. better sound quality. and i dont listen to the radio. I cant often times check out the label because almost all of my music is imported, indie (not in the Death Cab for Cutie/Modest Mouse sense), or had about 1,000 copies of the album ever printed. So its hard to find music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users