Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video output Dell Latitude 6410

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 scorer54

scorer54

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:32 PM

Hey.  First post here so I apologize if I make a mistake :)

I got a 15" Dell Latitude E6410 running windows 7 pro 64-bit on a 250gb ssd.  Pretty much I got the laptop topped up the ram to 6gb, threw in a brand new ssd and installed windows.  Everything works great except the laptop wont connect to a external monitor via vga or the display port.  

The graphics driver is the latest Intel HD one that was downloaded from dell.com, the bios is the latest at A16, the monitor works if I plug it into my acer laptop so I know its not a cable issue, I have tried three different monitors of all types so I don't think its a monitor issue.  I have also tried deleting the Intel graphics driver and using the generic driver but that also doesn't connect with the monitor.  Sometimes when the monitor is plugged in via vga the laptop sees the monitor, when I look in the control panel, but when I hit Fn-F8 to switch to duplicate or extend both screens just go black and the monitor goes to sleep.  I have tried everything that I could find on the web and nothing has shaken it loose.  

Note:  If I use a usb to vga adapter I get output to the monitor albeit it is very slow on the monitor.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:27 AM

Have you tried setting multiple displays in intel's control panel? If this is an intel driver go to Control Panel then select Large Icons. Click on the intel drive icon. This may be in the system tray. Click on Multiple Displays under Display in the left pane.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users