Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel core 2 duo E6850 high temps?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bc0306

bc0306

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 12 May 2016 - 02:20 PM

My old computer has some problems, today i powered it on to play roblox, some minutes in the game and the computer froze, restarted it and retried it again with same result, this time I powered it back again and opened open hardware monitor and right away noticed my cpu was averaging 69C without load, so I suspect my cpu is overheating?

Attached File  Screenshot (9).png   342.08KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Screenshot (16).png   295.42KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Screenshot (12).png   321.08KB   0 downloads

Don't even think about it if your not sure

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Humannpower

Humannpower

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2016 - 02:57 PM

Check to see if the CPU fan is running when turned on and if so check to see if the CPU cooler and processor are making contact. OF course make sure to turn off and unplug the computer before checking the processor. 

#3 bc0306

bc0306
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:14 PM

Fan is running always at 100%, I have a window on my pc case witch allows me to see inside my pc, everything is untouched no hand has been inside this computer since it was made

#4 Humannpower

Humannpower

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:19 PM

Fan is running always at 100%, I have a window on my pc case witch allows me to see inside my pc, everything is untouched no hand has been inside this computer since it was made

It's possible the tower may have been knocked and caused the CPU cooler and processor to separate just enough to lose contact with one another. Since the fan is running I would recommend removing the CPU cooler and cleaning existing thermal paste off and reapply new thermal paste to ensure a solid connection.

#5 bc0306

bc0306
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:21 PM

Hmmmmm, not much of a system builder, I don't know if I could disassemble and reassemble back my cpu heatsink

#6 Humannpower

Humannpower

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:22 PM

You can either look up a youtube video on how to do it or just have a friend who knows about computers do it. It's honestly pretty simple to do as long as you don't overdue it on the thermal paste.

#7 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:34 AM

everything is untouched no hand has been inside this computer since it was made

That is a long time then and it's likely dust has built up on the fins of the heatsink under the fan.   When it gets to the stage that dust has formed a "mat" which prevents airflow through the heatsink, it will overheat badly.  The dust needs to be removed.

You will have to open up your case to check this.  Also check the CPU fan is running smoothly, and that intake vents into the case aren't blocked.  This would be my first step before considering removing the heatsink.

Just an FYI - your CPU is overclocked by 600mhz, which may cause it to run a bit hotter than normal.

7sbvuf-6.png

#8 bc0306

bc0306
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:37 PM

What I meant with notched is that it hasn't been physically touched but it has been given maintenance with an air duster

Also its I just declocked it and still same temps

#9 bc0306

bc0306
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:39 PM

Also any idea why system and compressed memory is using 94% of my disk?

#10 bc0306

bc0306
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:41 PM

Attached File  WIN_20160513_16_44_31_Pro.jpg   115.84KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic