Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop gets intermittent connection - other connections are fine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rizzano

Rizzano

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 12 May 2016 - 01:44 AM

Greetings, and thank you to any and all who might be able to provide me with some help or information.

We live in an apartment complex and are forced to use and pay for the internet provided through the complex.  It is wireless.  We have several devices connected to the same access point and the same wireless connection.  Our desktop, PS4, and tablet all have constant connections, (when in use at the same time,) no drops, but my laptop has an intermittent connection. I get disconnects, usually lasting 5-15 seconds, up to at least 20 times a day.  It seems to happen every 15-25 minutes or so when I am on.  

Laptop Make and Model: Acer Aspire V15 Nitro 591G--792U

Network Card: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Wireless Network Adapter

Operating System: Windows 10

ISP is Cox, no idea the connection speed as again, it is provided by the complex, however there are 2 types of internet you can buy access to here weekly or monthly, regular, or premium. We always opt for premium. They probably have the business internet which is pretty fast. I think 40MBPS or above.

We have 2-4 devices connected to the same access point depending on the time of day. 95% of the time it's just 2 (my laptop and son's PS4), but there are numerous other apartments in our complex connecting to the same access point.

If anyone can provide some insight or maybe something I can do to prevent this, it would be cool.

I will note that I do have 8GB worth of hotspot provided by my cell service and when I connect to it, I do not get dropped. I always have my smartphone next to me when I use the hotspot.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rizzano

Rizzano
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:20 PM

No help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users