Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logitech C 170 web cam

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pestyone

Pestyone

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 12 May 2016 - 12:35 AM

Ok using win 7 64 bit on my Asus lap top.

Have a logitech web cam C170 that i am using because i can move it about ; but when i plug it in to the 2.0 or 3.0 usb

port all it might work for an hour or two then it stops its very flakey and i will get " usb device not reconized " but then it next day it works after tryiny 4/5 times in and out . 

I do have an asus web cam built in and wonder if the asus / logitech web cams might be in conflict ?

I have deleted the asus cam from device manager numerious times but it just gets re installed at next boot up ; i have used MS search at start menu and ultra lite search to find all Asus folders but nothing comes Up ! ?

So how do i remove 100 % of the asus camera and keep and get reconized my logitech ?  !

So need the help thanks a bunch  -  -

Edited by hamluis, 12 May 2016 - 09:29 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:34 PM

Hi.

What software are we using to employ the webcams? Usually there is the option to choose what cam will be used as default....

Also: Are the correct drivers installed for this web-cam? >

If one wishes to remove the ASUS webcam; when uninstalling the driver - look for the option to delete the software as well:

device_zpsasthbhck.jpg

May be worth a shot to just disable the device in Device Manager: Right-click > Disable.

Edited by bludgard, 13 May 2016 - 12:59 PM.

#3 Pestyone

Pestyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:24 PM

Awww boy ouchy

Using the camera software and removed the Asus cam that way it just keeps re indtalled after a re boot and no searches can find any asus

folders to  delete !  ?

Yikes mush a a very very tough issuesto fix here was hoping others have had this proiblem ;  still need help  :  (

later

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users