Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random disconnects in online game and discord, internet remains connected

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Majinken

Majinken

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:30 PM

I am seriously at my wit's end with this problem. It has been happening for a very long time now.

The game in question is Dungeon FIghter Online Global. I'm not sure how many of you are aware of that game; definitely give it a shot if you liked games like Streets of Rage. But I digress. I have a problem with staying connected to the game itself.

DFOG uses Peer-to-peer connections for partying. Why is that important? I'm in a party and we're killing monsters and such. Four of us running through the dungeons and suddenly "You have been disconnected. Please check your network connection." EVEN THOUGH MY PARTY MEMBERS ARE RUNNING AROUND AND DOING STUFF STILL! Because of this I say my internet could not have possibly disconnected; my party members are still doing stuff as normal! Not only that but nobody else in the house says they have had any problems at all.

I am on xfinity from Comcast with the Blast Pro tier of speed.

Things I have tried:

Replacing my gateway(had a Cisco DPC3939, now have an Arris TG862G)

Adding a router(Linksys EA6900)

Connecting directly to the Arris

Reinstalling Windows 10 twice(though I have had this problem since before windows 10 was out, last OS was Windows 7)

Updating drivers for my ethernet and wireless

Changing my dns settings to google's dns and opendns on my computer

Changing timeout settings for the internet in the command prompt

Turning off power management for ethernet and wifi

Putting my computer in the DMZ

Disabling the firewalls on the modem and windows firewall

The way I see it this CANNOT be a problem with my computer unless I am missing something important. If I have a chat open in Discord it also disconnects me from voice. I just cannot deal with this anymore.... HELP! PLEASE! SOMEBODY! I BEG OF YOU!

Edited by Majinken, 11 May 2016 - 10:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:36 PM

Can you get the logfiles from discord and the game?
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#3 Majinken

Majinken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:03 PM

I think I solved my problem yesterday. For whatever reason my Arris disconnects my computer randomly if bridge mode is not enabled. I both disabled the wireless network and turned on bridge mode in the Arris and my disconnect problems went away. Not sure why they were there to begin with but I haven't dc'd once today. In the meantime, my computer is connected to my linksys over ethernet and everything is fine. I will come back if I have more problems.

#4 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:52 PM

Glad everything worked out :thumbup2:

Edited by ScathEnfys, 20 May 2016 - 11:52 PM.

Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#5 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2016 - 07:34 AM

i am so glad i dont play games online, ever since i tried to get WOW installed i was was reading all the issues with the game server, viruses< and idiots stealing crap and crashing pc's i boxed it up and on the shelf it stays,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users