Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Here We Go Again, Updates And My Network Adapter!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MrClose

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:46 PM

(My OS is Windows 10 Home 64-bit)

It happens Every Time Microsoft does the Major Updates!

After updating yesterday, I had no internet connection!
(It's happened numerous times before)

The solution was always to go to the device manager, look for the yellow triangle that sat beside the Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller Network device , uninstall the driver and restart the computer!

Upon start up, Microsoft would always install the network adapter and I woulds have internet access again!

It didn't work this time!

After trying everything else, I had to do a restore to get up and running again!

NOW, I have the nag to install the updates again!!

What, if anything can I do to avoid this mess again?

I have turned off the auto updates but .. Aren't we in danger if we don't do the updates?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,046 posts
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:59 PM

I believe you can disable driver updates when Windows 10 does a major update. In device manager make a note of the driver version of the adapter before trying another update. If you driver version is the same after the update and it also fails then there is something besides a driver update causing the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users