Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Product Key Virus

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Yuki3060

Yuki3060

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:52 AM

I seem to have a Windows product key virus it has me locked out of my computer unless I enter a product key and I'm assuming eventually it'll ask for a credit card number. It happens in all modes except safe mode with prompt commands. I did a restore through the prompt commands but all my restore points were wiped out except for today. Is there a way to remove the virus? Take it to a professional? Or time for a new laptop?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 11 May 2016 - 08:57 AM.
moved from Windows 7 to Am I Infected

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 11 May 2016 - 11:31 AM

Welcome to BC...

In Safe Mode with Networking, follow the directions below for running the Eset Online Scanner.

• Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.
  • NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Yuki3060

Yuki3060
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2016 - 11:35 AM

I cannot access the Internet at all my screen is locked with put in product code.

#4 Humannpower

Humannpower

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2016 - 11:43 AM

If you have a flash drive available I would recommend downloading and installing Emsisoft Emergency Kit onto the flash drive itself. Make sure to run the Emergency kit once to get the updated malware signatures. Boot the computer into safe mode and then run the Emergency kit off the flash drive . Make sure to do a custom scan and set it to scan all drives which should all be selected by default. Once it completes the scan delete everything and then allow it to restart. Let me know the end result.

#5 Yuki3060

Yuki3060
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2016 - 11:51 AM

I did a factory reset and that has seemed to work now I'm running a scan to make sure it comes off for good. Thank you for your help

#6 Humannpower

Humannpower

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2016 - 11:53 AM

What are you using to scan the computer?

#7 Yuki3060

Yuki3060
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2016 - 11:57 AM

I bought the newest version of Kaspersky. Should I scan with something else as well?

#8 Humannpower

Humannpower

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2016 - 12:00 PM

I would also recommend using Malwarebytes as well after Kaspersky as a precaution.

#9 Yuki3060

Yuki3060
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2016 - 12:05 PM

Alrighty, I'll do that as well. Thank you.

#10 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,121 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2016 - 12:12 PM

Please post the scan log for Kaspersky and MBAM when completed.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users