Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chezler

chezler

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:21 PM

Hi all.  first post here, but been a loooong time user of BleepingComputer's great information. I am 65 years old now and retired. Started using in 1985 and a year later started studying with some college "kids" to help them with their computer science studies. Building from scrap piles was part of it. Been hooked ever since.

Have been building computers on a regular basis since the mid '90's and was responsible  for 25 computers at work for over ten years as quality mgr. I'm sure a lot of you know what it's like to teach people how to use a computer when they really shouldn't get within ten feet of one. That was part of my job. Still is with friends and family.

The last few years I mainly maintain computers for family and friends.

I have five working computers at home with; 4 installs of XP, 1 Me, 1 2000, 3 of 7, and the only one I didn't build is a laptop with 8 converted to 10. Needless to say, I'm not married.

Bleeping Computers has been my go-to source for info since I stopped my years-long subscriptions to CPU, Maximum PC, and Popular Computing. Still have a ton of magazines to refer to when needed.

Just want to thank all the people at BC for all they do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,713 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:21 PM

Hi :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

As a new member be sure to read

For Linux users.

Regards.