Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I've decided on buying a DIY Combo from Newegg! Thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nponthier

nponthier

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:35 PM

I had a previous thread on another section about how I have a crappy HP that can't be upgraded etc.

Anyways, I was looking at the pc part picker site and trying to compare and play around. The only problem is that it gives you parts from different sites, meaning it would cost a lot to ship things individually to me, etc.

So I went to Newegg and found this DIY PC Combo.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2850860

Is this good to start off with? I have a budget so I know this motherboard or processor may not be the best but its the best I can do at the moment, and can hopefully upgrade this later on. I will have to get Windows 10, install a CD/DVD drive, and also buy a wireless network adapter.

I guess my question is.. is this worth it and is it easy to setup? I have watched plenty of PC building videos from youtube and newegg. After I have all of the components together and ready to go, I guess I boot up the PC and put in the Windows 10 CD and it will install the OS? Then I'm done? Is it that simple? Never built a PC before. Thanks.

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 16 May 2016 - 06:34 PM.
Moved from computer Gaming to questions/Advice on new computer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KarpW

KarpW

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:42 AM

I think honestly in your situation the combo wouldn't be a bad idea but what are you exactly trying to use the computer for?

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,478 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:04 AM

Also purchase two usb ext HDs, download and install Macrium Reflect or Acronis True Image, for your restorable backups.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users