Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista will not load

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 korniceman3000

korniceman3000

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:25 PM

Hi,

I am unable to load Windows Vista when I turn on my computer. Upon restarting, it will show the standard Microsoft Corporation loading bar, then it goes to a black screen. My OS is Windows Vista 32 bit Home Edition.

I tried running start up repair and after about 40 minutes, I received the following results:

Number of root causes = 1

Test performed

Check for updates (error code = 0x0)

system disk test (error code = 0x0)

Disk Failure diagnosis (error code = 0x0)

Disk metadata test (error code = 0x0)

Target OS test (error code = 0x0)

Volume Content Check (error code = 0x0)

Root Cause: system volume of disk is corrupt

Repair Action: file system repair (chkdsk)

Completed successfully (error code = 0x0)

After it restarted, Windows still failed to load and I get the black screen.

I tried a system restore on 2 previous points and both failed.

It stated unspecified error

I/O device error (0x8007045D)

I tried loading Windows in Safe Mode but that also failed.

It stalled when it got to windows\system32\drivers\crcdisk.sys

I don't know what to do or how to retrieve the data from the hard drive.

When I bought the computer, it did not include a system restore disc or Windows Vista. Also, I don't have a functioning DVDrom drive.

I would really appreciate any advice on how I might be able to load Windows Vista. In the event that Windows Vista does not load, is their a way for me to manually retrieve the files from the hard drive, like copying them to a USB flash drive or external HDD.

Please advise on this matter. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Best regards and looking forward to your reply.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 13 May 2016 - 10:00 PM

It would appear that this hard drive is failing or failed.

One may be able to retrieve data from this drive by connecting it to a working system by way of USB device, HDD enclosure or by installing the drive to an unused slot in a desktop or the like.

One may also boot from a flash drive or such (since optical drive is dead) that contains a "live" OS or other bootable media which runs independently of the hard drive: This should let one access the drive (best case) in order to copy over data to another device.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users