Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help me with windows

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dalton2

Dalton2

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:05 PM

Hi,
My laptop is y50-70 Lenovo and I have it for at least two years.

I had many BSOD problems and slow startup so I opened a thread in other forum. Unfortunately, I chose to do recovery for windows 8.1

Let me tell you what I did.

I use OKR(OneKeyRecovery) software by Lenovo for recovery windows 8.1 and I choose to restore it to initial state.
Note: I also choose to disable windows updates, disable to install drivers.

For checking a known I turned it to sleep mode because it's known issue for BSOD but it's doesn't get it.
Searching in google "y50-70 bsod after sleep" will get you to a result see this for example: Driver Power State Failure Windows 8.1 - Microsoft Community and it's DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error. Although, I don't remember I had "nvlddmkm.sys" problem but just usbccgp.sys and for my understanding it's Microsoft driver but it's not because of Microsoft driver it's because it's reporting usb driver. (correct me if I wrong)

Things I didn't do:
* update drivers
* remove Lenovo softwares ..

What I am not sure what to do:
* Stay with current state - Win 8.1
or
* Stay with current state - Win 8.1 and not to update drivers.
or
* upgrade to windows 10
or
* clean install to windows 10
or
* install win 7

If I should choose win 10 so I am not sure if the "privacy" should concern me like (collecting my data, wifi password and more) and that windows 10 will force windows drivers that are generics.
In addition, if I should choose windos 10 clean install I need a key, so I need to upgrade to windows 10 and then use a software to grab a key? Or windows 8.1 key is fine?

My focus is for study, using browsers, IDE(visual studio, etc..), office (word, powerpoint), windbg.
I am less about gaming because I don't have much time for it.

Last but not the least, should I choose in any stage (when moving to windows 10 or windows 7 or even stay with win 8.1) in the current below to use TRON?

Note: I removed superfish remove superfish certificate but I can't find visualdiscovery software.

Thanks for reading.

Hope to receive support.

-Dalton2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:32 PM

The privacy thing is too complicated to discuss here.  There's plenty of other topics in the W10 forums that'll help you out with that.

The Tron stuff also is something that's due to personal preference.
I'd suggest posting over in the Windows 10 forums to discuss these details.

We can help with the BSOD's in this forum.  Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location. (By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop)
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.

If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Dalton2

Dalton2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:34 PM

The privacy thing is too complicated to discuss here.  There's plenty of other topics in the W10 forums that'll help you out with that.

The Tron stuff also is something that's due to personal preference.
I'd suggest posting over in the Windows 10 forums to discuss these details.

We can help with the BSOD's in this forum.  Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location. (By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop)
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.

If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

hi i no longer have bsod files

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:13 PM

Member has reposted in the Windows 10 forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613607/help-with-windows-10/

To avoid confusion for everyone and crossposting this topic is closed. If you wish to assist the member please reply to their new Windows 10 topic.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users