Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need some help purchasing a laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cw318

Cw318

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:23 PM

HI :), Im hoping someone could help take out the headache of purchasing a new laptop. I'm currently working on building a recipe website. I was thinking of getting a chromebook because I don't intend on watching movies or playing games on it. I woukd like to be able to watch Youtube though. I want something that is fast and fluid. My last laptop was slow and glitchy. Any advice on which specifications are best for my needs, brands, etc. would be much appreciated. Also I should mention I'm trying to keep around 200$

Edited by Cw318, 10 May 2016 - 02:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doublesuperdragon

doublesuperdragon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:04 PM

Something that is fast and fluid for $200.00 is going to be a little hard to find unless you find a good used laptop. I would suggest adding $150 then you may find something that is tolerable.

#3 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:36 AM

Any advice on which specifications are best for my needs, brands, etc. would be much appreciated. Also I should mention I'm trying to keep around 200$

try out http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?id=pcat17071&st=laptops+under+200 https://www.reevoo.com/browse/product_type/laptop/best_price/under-200-pounds
To achieve something first try
to get the knowledge about it.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#4 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,485 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:36 PM

Considering your budget I think this is pretty good.  I would prefer All Intel stuff but that will be tough with that budget.  I like this one at the link cz097rj provided for that money.  Sure it MIGHT be a little slow but you can fix that if you are inclined.  doublesuperdragon was also spot on, and both these guys probably no more than I.  You can typically check out a pc like this at Wallmart etc.  The price should tell you something, take care of it, because it is not a super durable laptop.

Remember to read those consumer reviews, questions and answers.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-15-6-laptop-amd-a6-series-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-black/4481400.p?id=1219751654199&skuId=4481400

Edited by pcpunk, 28 May 2016 - 09:38 PM.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users