Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Panda Activescan

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 panicatthecompter

panicatthecompter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:50 AM

hello!
I'm not exactly sure if i'm posting in the right category, but whatever...
I have used the Panda ActiveScan and it's great, the problem is when i click to see the report, i see that they found adware, but it's a .exe thing, and i'm not sure if i should just delete these and everything else that the scan found. Also, is IntCodec good or bad, because the scan detected some spyware or adware or ad-on (i forgot which category it was under) from the folder, but i did delete them in the end. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Xpert

Xpert

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 11:26 AM

If you did not know the program with the adware and you or anyone else who uses that Pc did not install it, chances are theat it should or been deleted.

Try google IntCodec. Reading the first 10 results you should see if its bad ;)

If your ever unsure you should upload it too http://virusscan.jotti.org/

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2006 - 11:43 AM

IntCodec can be related to various smitfraud infections. Are you having any popup alerts about your computer being infected or browser paper redirects?

PandaActive Scan does not remove adware/spyware but will autoclean for viruses & worms. Can you post the scan results?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2006 - 04:08 PM

You can always research the entries in the file database here at Bleeping Computer to determine their status:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/filedb/

#5 panicatthecompter

panicatthecompter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:53 PM

sorry, i was kinda busy the past few days, here is the most recent virus scan report from panda activescan:

Incident Status Location

Spyware:Cookie/Zedo Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Tiffany\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sdphnl1r.default\cookies.txt[.zedo.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/BurstBeacon Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Tiffany\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sdphnl1r.default\cookies.txt[www.burstbeacon.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/YieldManager Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Tiffany\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sdphnl1r.default\cookies.txt[ad.yieldmanager.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Casalemedia Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Tiffany\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sdphnl1r.default\cookies.txt[.casalemedia.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Statcounter Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Tiffany\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sdphnl1r.default\cookies.txt[.statcounter.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Atwola Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Tiffany\Cookies\tiffany@atwola[1].txt
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/Processor Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\system32\Process.exe

also, i have not been experiencing weird popups or anything that is unusual.

Edited by panicatthecompter, 16 August 2006 - 01:53 PM.

#6 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:01 PM

Hey there panicatthecompter,

Those spyware cookies are pretty harmless and they can be removed pretty simply.

Cookies make the interaction between users and web sites faster and easier. Without cookies, it would be very difficult for a web site to allow a visitor to fill up a shopping cart or to remember the user's preferences or registration details for a future visit. Web sites use cookies mainly because they save time and make the browsing experience more efficient and enjoyable. Web sites often use cookies for the purposes of collecting demographic information about their users. Cookies enable web sites to monitor their users' web surfing habits and profile them for marketing purposes (for example, to find out which products or services they are interested in and send them targeted advertisements).

Cookies are small pieces of text. They are not computer programs, and they can't be executed as code. Also, they cannot be used to disseminate viruses, and versions of Internet Browsers such as IE, Firefox etc.. allow users to set their own limitations to the number of cookies saved on their hard drives. However, as i said in the previous paragraph, some cookies do track internet browsing and provide a certain level of infomation that the user may not warm to. The truth is that revealing any kind of personal information opens the door for that information to be spread, but we are talking about primitive internet usage and not your bank details.

Those are what cookies do and the entries in the Panda log are classified as spyware cookies as they report browser usage back to their companies, eg YieldManager, Atwola etc.

Clean your Cache and Cookies in IE

Close all instances of Internet Explorer .
Go to your control panel and open "Internet Options".
Click on the "General" tab.
Click the "Delete Cookies" button, then the "Delete Files" button.
When prompted, place a tick in the "Delete all offline content" box and click OK.

The process.exe file is a legitimate file.
It is related to certain anti-malware such as smitfraudfix.
It is needed for the tools to function.
You can read a similar question here:
http://forums.techguy.org/security/491059-...rocess-exe.html

David

Edited by D-Trojanator, 16 August 2006 - 02:01 PM.

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:03 PM

Edit: D-Trojanator and I posted at the same time with the same info. Go ahead and follow his instructions.

Edited by quietman7, 16 August 2006 - 02:20 PM.

Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#8 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:09 PM

Well there's twice the infomation!
Sorry didn't realise you were posting QM7.

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:21 PM

It happens every now and then. I edited my post reply accordinly. :thumbsup: