Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ATI into bcd-boot; to share with Windows 7 as boot choices...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:56 AM

Since Windows Secrets Lounge is helping me with Image for Windows, I'm asking about Acronis True Image WinPE here in BC.

On all three computers, I successfully got Macrium Reflect into bcd-boot, now Windows 7 and MR are the two choices awaiting my hi-lite and enter-key. I have no idea how to add Acronis True Image WinPE to my bcd-boot lineup -- I can't figure out Acronis TI WinPE instructions, numerous attempts have failed.
  I've set my Windows to automatically come up into a black screen giving me 420 seconds to decide if I want to do an F8 or to choose one of two boot choices: Windows 7 [normal default] or Macrium Reflect Pro's utility menu board. I would like to add Acronis True Image WinPe into that lineup.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:03 AM

Actually, I had tried the Acronis True Image bcd-load utility, and I just now remembered -- on at least two computers I would a one-line message "...F11 to enter Acronis something or other..." which appears just before I get the Windows 7 or Macrium Reflect boot menu -- so I guess I was actually successful.  I guess my real question is:  how did Macrium and Acronis get onto/into bcd-boot process?

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users