Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

change time to local time zone.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 avocadobaby

avocadobaby

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:09 AM

Is it possible to change the timezone for the forum so that all posts are listed in your chosen local time zone

I can change my time zone in my profile but it doesn't seem to have an affect on how the global site time zone for the forum is displayed.

hope that makes sense.

Edited by avocadobaby, 10 May 2016 - 07:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:18 AM

Are you referring to the same issue as this one?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/608739/times-listed-in-forum-posts-display-an-hour-behind-when-not-signed-in/

#3 avocadobaby

avocadobaby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:24 AM

It didn't occur to me that the time is 1 hour behind my own time. But now that you mention it.....

It happens to me when I'm signed in. So I think it's a different problem. I think the sites timezone is just not the same as my local one... by 1 hour? Maybe it is my time zone and just 1 hour out.

When I sign out its 3 hours out. If its the same problem I'll happily join the other discussion.

#4 avocadobaby

avocadobaby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:33 AM

you know what I'm a big noob.....

My (infected) PC is 1 hr forward......          D'oh :axe:

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 15 May 2016 - 06:20 PM

There are two times listed in every post on BC. Under the avatar you will see 'Local time'. This is the local time of the poster when you read a post, although it is possible to opt out of having this displayed. The other, at the top of the post where it says 'Posted - date - time' is your local time as the reader of when the post was made.

If you have a malware infection on your computer I suggest you start a topic in the 'Am I infected ?' section of BC, just read the guidance notes first.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users