Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Apple Music ... Subscription malware ???

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DodoIso

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:06 AM

Apple Stole My Music. No, Seriously.

So shady for Apple to do that!  People need to know!  And here's another reason why backups to external disconnected medias are so important...

Edited by DodoIso, 10 May 2016 - 01:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,298 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:27 AM

It's actually written in the Term of Use (like outlined in the article), but no one reads them. Of course, the way they go about it is totally stupid.

Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Foldingchair

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:12 PM

Despite it being in the terms of agreement, I'd say that's what you get for using a shoddy service. Things like iTunes, Google Play Music, Apple Music and the likes are awful. I'm finding Groove Music in Windows 10 to be alright though. I've actually used iTunes and Apple Music in the past and it was just utter crap. Crashing, not doing what I wanted, not letting me tag music the way it's supposed to be tagged, etc. And once I wanted to uninstall the software, it simply threw an error every time, with no way to get rid of it.

Apple is alright with most things, but their software is complete crap if you ask me, at least for Windows. It wouldn't hurt to check for Malware, OP, although I honestly doubt it's after your music, if you have Malware at all.

Edited by Foldingchair, 14 May 2016 - 08:53 AM.

"Peace and blessings be upon you all."

#4 ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 10:34 PM

@Aura that mention is very vague.

Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users