Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can someone suggest me a desktop capable of gaming to my specs?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lgarretto

Lgarretto

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:57 PM

Hey guys. So I have an Alienware m14x laptop. It's great. I really do like it. But I've been gaming more and more, and the games that come out anymore really kinda push the system pretty hard. It's got an i5 4200 and an nvidia gt750. Now I never really move it around anyway, so I'd like a desktop. My budget will be reasonably close to about 650-700 as id like to just trade or sell my laptop straight for the desktop. Now it doesn't have to be all that powerful as long as it's upgradable. I would like to end up with a newer i5 (sky lake most likely) and at least a gtx970 at some point as I will eventually try vr. So past that the only things I need are 1) enough USB ports to run vr (like 5), 2) ability to run hdmi out (I'll use my tv as my monitor) and 3) a somewhat small size as I don't have a lot of space.
If I had the money I'd probably buy a digital storm bolt, but I don't so as of right now an asus g20 seems to be closest to what I want.
Does anyone else have any suggestions or ideas?
By the way, I know I could build one cheaper, but it seems a lot easier to buy one how I want. And most prebuilt systems seem to come with a disc drive.
Thanks guys

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:51 PM

I cannot recommend any pre-built machine but if you are willing to build yourself, then things get lot easier, because we can select whatever parts you want.

GTX970 is only 3.5GB card and quite bad for VR, it matches VR minimum specs but those are really Minimum specs. AMD Polaris should bring very cost effective solution to VR at GTX970's price range, so after month or two much better choices should be available.

#3 Lgarretto

Lgarretto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:58 PM

I thought about getting an amd video cars. I want an Intel processor, but I was considering an amd r9 of some sort. The 390 or 390x maybe
I am willing to build it myself, but my ignorance makes it seem overly difficult. Although I understand what the different components do and why they are needed, I don't understand how things go together (as in literally how they connect to each other) or things like how to get extras like the number of USB ports I want or a disc drive. That is why I was interested in a prebuilt system

#4 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:25 AM

There are several guides available if you want to try. Like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users