Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help between 2 laptops ASUS vs DELL

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Infamous_01

Infamous_01

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:59 PM

Hello, need advice on getting new laptop for school. Budget is $1000 and need to run Office programs, autocad, dreamweaver, photoshop. I have been looking at 2 computers in that price range.

One is the ASUS. Everything meets my needs here, except the 1366 x 768 lcd screen. Fairly low resolution and not the greatest quality. Can almost see vertical lines running down the screen. However the rest of the hardware and build quality is decent..

The other is the DELL. Much better vibrant higher resolution touchscreen panel. Only drawback for me is the Intel 520 integrated GPU...that combined with the higher res LCD might give me problems while running programs such as autocad.

gotolink.png http://www.bestbuy.ca/en- .. 2b4afbc0d4en02

ASUS
-i7 6500u
-Nvidea 920m
-12gb ram
-14" 1366 x 768 resolution
-1TB HDD
$930 CAD = $720 USD

gotolink.png http://www.bestbuy.ca/en- .. ba6014d5dfen02

DELL
-i5 6200u
-intel 520 itegrated graphics
-12gb ram
-15.6" 1920 x 1080 touchscreen
-1TB HDD
$850 CAD = $ 657 USD

Ive had someone recommend the ASUS ROD gaming laptop for 1250...but its a little out of my budget and looks quite big and heavy.

Edited by Infamous_01, 09 May 2016 - 08:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users