Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus Removal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lokeros

Lokeros

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:45 PM

Hello,

I have recently been scanning my computer and malwarbytes discovered a new threat called pup.optional.dnsunlocker.acmb2 as a potentially unwanted program. I have tried several times to Remove Selected Threats but Malwarebytes doesn't appear to be able to remove the selected threat. It is located in my Folder C:/ProgramData and I need help getting rid of it. 

Thank you.  

Edited by hamluis, 09 May 2016 - 08:23 PM.
Moved from W10 Support to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:14 AM

*moderator edit: Links to outside malware removal guides removed. ~ Queen-Evie

Instructions for posting advice in Am I Infected Forum

Posting referral links to non-Bleeping Computer malware removal guides is generally NOT permitted in this or any other forum with the exception of well known security vendors like Kaspersky, ESET, Symantec, etc which sometimes release specialized fix tools with instructional documentation. This is because there are far too many untrustworthy and scam sites which mis-classify detections, provide misleading information, poor removal advice and/or the recommendation of dubious software. It is impractical for our staff to monitor and review all such guides for accuracy and safety, therefore, we reserve the right to remove or disable such links.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 11 May 2016 - 08:20 AM.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:57 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is Sintharius. I will assist you with your problem.

If Malwarebytes is unable to remove the item, we can try other tools and see if they work. For now, please do this.

:step1: MiniToolbox by Farbar

Disable your antivirus if it does not allow you to download the tool!
Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Place a checkmark in Select all, then click Go and post the result (MTB.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

===

:step2: Security Check by screen317
  • Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users