Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can not access FTP servers on my computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Duranic

Duranic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:24 PM

Looking for a little help with an FTP issue. Recently I noticed that I was not able to access my FTP servers with any FTP program; Filezilla, COREFTP, even Dreamweaver. I thought it was a host issue, but after talking with my host support found out I had everything correct. They told me to check my firewall settings. I did that; I even disabled them and my antivirus however it didn't work. I did a little research and created a new rule in Windows Firewall to allow FTP connections on port 21, 20 and nothing. I also did a virus scan and it came back negative. I have no clue what is going on with FTP on my computer. 

If anyone has some advice or tweaks that I'm missing, please let me know. Thanks in advance for the help.

Windows 10 Home
Dell Inspiron 5520 64-bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:24 AM

Is this your network?  My work blocks FTP connections.

If it is your network, check with your ISP to see if they are blocking FTP connections.

#3 Duranic

Duranic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:27 AM

Its my home network. I had no issue accessing FTP with my daughters computer. I thought it was the router at first, but after that test I ruled it out. It's something with my machine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users