Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio/Mic Issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jmjrjmjr

jmjrjmjr

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:07 PM

My sound and microphone both work sometimes and other times they don't work but the problem is specific every time. When I play a game with a push to talk key every time I use the push to talk key the game will momentarily freeze then the audio will switch from headphones to speakers then back to headphones and sometimes it doesn't even switch back to the headphones and just shuts off the audio entirely. I don't know what is happening but it is very annoying as when I want to talk to my team mates I feel like I am gambling my ability to play every time I talk. If you can help I would greatly appreciate it, ask any questions if it will make it easier to diagnose the problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thedarkness

thedarkness

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:05 PM

What OS and hardware are you using, and what is the game? Does this happen with a specific title? To make sure it's not just one game that's to blame, make sure the audio settings in the game are correct, and if you can, try a similar game or program that allows you to switch between a listen and talk mode. Also, is device manager reporting any issues with your connected audio device or audio card? Try searching to see if the game has it's own forum, if anyone else is having similar issues, perhaps even searching for the game and your model of headphones on there, to see if it's a common problem.

#3 jmjrjmjr

jmjrjmjr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:31 PM

Windows 10, Hyper X Cloud 2(but it happens without the headset too), battleborn/csgo(don't play any other games that it happens on, but it has happened without playing the game and screwing with the mic settings), no issues are popping up, I have been having the issue for a while and have googled but never found anything so I'm trying a couple of forums for the past couple days, you are the only one that has responded.

#4 thedarkness

thedarkness

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:29 AM

If it happens with all programs, then are your headphones the default device? You may have to unplug your headphones,set your normal speaker as both the default communications device and default device (in the windows sound panel), then lastly plug back in your headphones. Headphones should then be set as default. You could also try right clicking on speaker or headphones from the sound panel, and going into it's properties. If there is an advanced option I think you can check or uncheck 'allow applications to take control of this device'. Try the opposite of what is currently set

It could also be windows update that has caused a problem with your headphones. Windows may have tried to install a driver that was not necessary. Check 'device installation settings' within windows, it should be set no 'No' and 'Never install drivers for my devices' to avoid conflict. After this is set you could try uninstalling the windows updates you had last, just before the problem occurred,and restarting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users