Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 scottayistheman

scottayistheman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:25 AM

hi i do a lot of stuff through google and alot of ppl use my comp and can see wat i have searched for by pressing the search bar and everything i have searched for comes up is there a way to stop this if so can u email me please thanks :thumbsup:

Mod Edit: Email address deleted to prevent Spambot harvesting, and moved thread to a more appropriate forum.

Edited by jgweed, 07 August 2006 - 06:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 12:21 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer scottayistheman Posted Image
Depending which browser you use,there are different ways to clear your browsing history. If you use Internet Explorer,go to Tools/Internet Options/General/History Section,change the "Days to Keep Pages in History" to 0/OK.
If you use Firefox go to Tools/Options/Privacy/History/click on Settings(for the Clear Private Data Tool),put a check next to Browsing History(and anything else you may want to clear),then check "When Closing Firefox"/OK.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:46 PM

scottayistheman,

You can also disable auto-complete as well. See this post for instructions. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=207905
Hope this works for you.

Be (googling) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 scottayistheman

scottayistheman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:21 PM

thanks i have done it now thanks to u i will be back when i need more help u are life savers :thumbsup:

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:59 PM

Your Welcome!
Feel free to visit anytime,you'll be amazed at what you will learn here at BC.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users