Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Viista wont boot past the recovery prompt not like other posts i read.

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:46 AM

I have a huge issue with my vista, i got it at least 10 plus years ago, as with all vistas they were slow of course didnt bother me except compaq didnt want there pc's to beable to run after market graphics cards at least mine would never. anywho i stopped using it zeroed the hard drive and used the ram and HD to "beef up" the emachine i currently run on its ok better when i get more ram for it. but im getting off topic. i wanted to revive my vista to run my roms psp, playstation and playstation 2 and not use those resourses and huge rom files on my emachine which is a windows 7, i use that for my game client games. anywho i hook it up put in the back up disc i had since day one let it run and let it do its thing. it says finsh so i click and the loading files files come up then the recovery prompt scans and tells me nothing is wrong but to unplug what ever cameras or music device i have plugged up to it unplug well there are none and havent been for a along time the only thing close ever been close was a external HD but that was yrs ago. I zeroed the HD again, placed the the bios to default, changed the cmos battery and reset the jumper on the motherboard. Nothing! but that darn prompt im at my wits end ive used my back up disc a bunch of times thatt never happened before. i dont have have a installation just my reinstall disc i made a dvd of. the pc is a compaq persario pentium 4 800ghz 1.50 ram vista home basic.  thank you learned gentlemen i would love news beside using my shotgun to fix it, which im close doing anyway...lol.  sorry i rambled.

Edited by hamluis, 09 May 2016 - 09:48 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Vista - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:52 AM

I noticed you mentioned ROMs... did you rip them from game disks or did you download them somewhere? If you ripped them, did you use a legit program?
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#3 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:55 AM

From emuparadise, but the back up/reformat burnt disc i have was made 10 plus yrs ago is a disc a ive used a bunnch of times.  so no like my emachine i have/had not illegal downloads on my machines im to paranoid for that...lol.

Edited by Sabastiondoggie, 09 May 2016 - 12:07 PM.

#4 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:23 AM

So i only get one reply and no suggestion to a fix!  pretty please lets try or suggest even if its throw it away im ok with that.  dont be like the pc help forum  and vista forum that never replied to my query after a week of the post.

Edited by Sabastiondoggie, 10 May 2016 - 11:28 AM.

#5 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:47 AM

Apologies. Been a bit busy getting ready for finals.

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

#6 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:25 PM

is that possible with no os on the pc, prior to to reformating/using the reboot disc i burnt i zeroed the hd so i i could start a new when i re did the pc.  good luck on your final.  you got this!

Edited by Sabastiondoggie, 10 May 2016 - 12:26 PM.

#7 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:30 PM

My apologies, I misread your post. So if I am reading this correctly, you are having issues installing Windows from a DVD?

#8 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:26 PM

you know the prompt when you first get a pc and it recommends you make back up disc after it has did is thing after the box and turned it on well my pc required/recommended  to dvds to do this one disc is full the other was is half full.  Ive used these dics in the past before for rebooting/reformattimg with no issue and it has always has have booted right up even when i had zeroed the HD when i discovered my western digital dianositic tool disc and used it to zero the Hd th make sure i made a "clead HD when did reboots/reformatting...cause like i said im paranoid sometimes about pc use special here lately due to the Bitcoin viruse thats been going around.  Its a pain in a butt but i zero and reformat//reboot my windows 7 emachine every other month to be one the safe side.  and speakinf of bitcoin i saw the prompt when i logged  on about the possible lawsuit and im sorry im on disabilty and flat broke or i would donate.  i hope that wont impact my need for help...good luck to the powers will be.

#9 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:35 PM

and if it matters the disc does it thing< the screen goes black a sec and a bar at a bar appears at the bottom that says loading windows files the screen goes black again at that annoying recovery scan shows up says nothing is wrong but unplug what ever camera or music deivice from the pc and reboot. well there was never been nothing of a sort on that pc only thing close was a external hd yrs ago.

#10 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:11 PM

Ok, so you are trying to restore from a recovery disk... can you attach a picture of the screen that appears after the 'loading files' screen?

#11 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:35 AM

Morning to you< i hope you slept well,  sorry im an early to be a cellphone picture picture/video buff but i have ex military issuses that dont allow me to sllep well despite how many pills thay give me.  ive been up since 4 am...lol i went to bed at 1030...lol.

i hope i got what you needed i took pics and a video.  well no video file to big and im not smart enough to edit and what not.  have a good morning.

Attached Files

#12 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:57 AM

I'm not sure if you can reinstall from a system repair disk like that... Try clicking the "View Advanced Options" link and seeing if there is a reinstall option there.

#13 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2016 - 11:55 AM

I have clicked on system restore with the same results i clicked windows complete pc and it ask me to dont have a valid back up location be found.  i wonder if i chanced the the boot start up will that help since it said after it reformatted is loading windows files, what do you think? i have clicked on windows memory diagnostic tool which i have done maxed all the options and set it up to run for 21 times for over night.  when i rebooted the next day what showed on the screen briefly to fast for me to read anything.  ive clicked in commande prompt but i wouldnt begin to type or what and the then there is reoovert 32 which just does the same thing when it recovers the factory image.

#14 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:18 PM

System restore requires a valid install of Windows with restore points on the disk. If you reformatted the disk, the only way to go from here is to get a windows install disk and reinstall using the key from your old installation. I hope you wrote that down somewhere.

#15 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:38 PM

it never came with one or asked me for one, so i guess im tossing it?  or i guess i could ask someone to loan me the money to get a new installation disc i would really hate not not to have a back up pc even though its old and a vista.  thank you for all your help even though i bothered while you was getting ready for finals. in my opinion you did a awesome job.  you were indilagent polite got to the point.   you will ace yor finals

Edited by Sabastiondoggie, 11 May 2016 - 04:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users