Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Configuring VPN network with 2 routers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 netstat_a

netstat_a

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:48 AM

Hi guys hope you are all well and hope someone can help, my knowledge of network configuration is quite good so wont have any trouble configuring the ip address, dns etc,

My question is can I set up a VPN using two routers each connected to separate computers? I currently have no internet access at home but have a wireless router and I was wondering could I connect to a vpn from my grandmothers house which has internet or do I need a wireless network card for the computer with no internet access?

Any tips would be great, thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:23 AM

You would need internet access to connect to your grandmother's house.

#3 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:34 AM

Specifically you would need internet access at both ends to be able to create and use a vpn.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 14 May 2016 - 07:18 PM

Also Using your Grandmothers internet would violate her contract or agreement with her internet provider. 

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users