Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard disk drivers samsung R519

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Naven

Naven

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:30 AM

Hi I would appreciate some assistance. I have samsung R519 Lappie and need to install Windows 7 , I have tried before and the system hanged on expanding files... , So I formatted disk and tried again however now I cannot see any disk available on the installation to install the OS on , it seems that I have formatted OEM (Reserved files) and it removed the drivers for SATA disk , I am lost and cannot find the drivers any where , any advice would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:46 AM

What did you use to format the disk? Is the disk detected in BIOS? Windows 7 has native SATA drivers so it should have detected the disk. 

If it is detected in BIOS then try the following. Download the following driver here.

This is for 64bit Windows.  f6flpy-x64.zip

If you have 32 bit then download the 32bit version.

Unzip the files to the root directory of a USB flash drive. Start the Windows install and attach the flash drive. When you get to this install Window click advanced then at the next page click on the Load Driver link. Hopefully your hard drive will now be detected.

E7Z99.png

#3 Naven

Naven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:11 AM

Hi 

Thank you very much , however the above does not seem to work,  the 32bit file states "No signed device were found, make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers"

The 64 bit scans , however still does not pick up disk

the disk is seen in bios

Thanks once again

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,832 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:46 AM

Is there a setting in BIOS related to AHCI or IDE mode? Make sure it is set to AHCI.  Is this a Windows 7 SP1 disk? If not then see this workaround. 

I could not find the full specs of the computer so I am not sure what the chipset was. I linked to the latest on intel's site but it may be a different download depending on what chipset is used by the computer. 

Because there is no Windows on the disk you can create a bootable disk of Hirens and launch the program CPUz. I believe you would start MiniXP at the menu screen and then find CPUz. Under the Motherboard tab look for the listing under Chipset and Southbridge.

cpuz-screenshot-02.png

#5 Naven

Naven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:28 PM

Hi Johnc 

Thank you very much i installed Hirens and my info is as follows

Chipset Intel   GL40
South Bridge    Intel 8280IM (ICH9-M)

Thanks

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,832 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:41 PM

The driver I linked to should have worked. Did you follow the instructions in the readme.txt file on the web page I linked to? 

Is your Windows install disk SP1? If it is then use the workaround link I posted to obtain your SP1 install iso. Your install media may be corrupted or not have the appropriate drivers. You can use Rufus with the iso file to create a bootable USB flash drive for install. 

#7 Naven

Naven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:05 AM

Hi

Thanks , however the link you posted requires a product key , The pc came with windows pre-installed some time back...

I cannot believe how difficult it is to get drivers for hard drives for samsung , I am going insane searching , can this ever be fixed?

Thank you so much though for your time and effort

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,832 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:01 AM

Are you saying you need a key to initialize the download as I just was able to download an iso using the instructions in the workaround. Is there a sticker on the computer with an OEM Windows 7 key?

#9 chalup

chalup

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:25 AM

Hi

Thanks , however the link you posted requires a product key , The pc came with windows pre-installed some time back...

I cannot believe how difficult it is to get drivers for hard drives for samsung , I am going insane searching , can this ever be fixed?

Thank you so much though for your time and effort

You first stated it didn't find the drive with either 32 or 64 bit, then you stated it ask for a product key?

#10 Naven

Naven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:54 AM

Hi the link u provided required a key...also I created an I so file to sub ...however it still does not pick up drive

Thanks

#11 Naven

Naven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:55 AM

I hate samsung

#12 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,832 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:05 AM

Do you have a COA sticker on the computer showing a Windows 7 key? You may need to contact Samsung and see if they provide recovery media for your computer model. If there is a sticker with a key then you could try a Windows 10 install disk which should pick up the controller. You can download Windows 10 here

I am not sure why Windows does not pick up the drive. As a experiment you can download Linux Mint Cinnamon 17.2 and see if it detects the drive. If it does then you know there is a driver required that needs to be found. If not then its most likely a hardware issue.

https://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=190

In previous post I asked if you had a AHCI setting in BIOS? Is it set to AHCI? If so try changing to IDE mode and run the installer again.

#13 Naven

Naven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2016 - 06:09 AM

Hey guys .... thank you all so much for your help , really appreciate your willingness to assist....

I managed to resolve the issue.... I loaded Linux mint and before actuall install it opens a OS that allows you to config , It picked up my hard and I managed to format the drive in ntfs.

I then loaded my Windows CD and it loaded without issues ...... Windows full of bleep .... going to load linux rather....

Thank you once again for assistance

Will definitely come here for assistance in the future 

#14 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,832 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:11 AM

Glad you got it sorted.  Linux Mint is solid and you will find that malware issues are small if non-existent. I would recommend you initiate the firewall in Mint by typing the following command in terminal (command prompt).

sudo ufw enable

For any questions I recommend you post in the Linux Forum. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users