Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My pc screen flickered and went to the dell logo(long)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mewty

Mewty

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 08 May 2016 - 01:14 PM

and now is stuck there.

Hi. I'm Mewty.

One day i was doing regular computer things and my screen flickered and went to the dell logo

Se7hPct.jpg?1

The load bar does not move. Ofcourse my first instinct was to restart but upon restarting my pc, it remained the same. 

I unplugged my computer and then plugged it back in but the screen wouldnt go away so the next day i took it to bestbuy and had geeksquad take a look at it. They hooked the tower up and it worked perfectly fine so they told me it wasnt the pc.

I also have a dell monitor, so i assumed the monitor had broken and i borrowed some money and bought a new monitor of a different brand but when i hooked it up it still said dell on the screen. I took the pc and both monitors back to geeksquad and had them test both in the store and both worked fine so again they sent me away.

When i got home i replaced all my power cables and the cable that connects the pc to the monitor but that didnt work either so i bought a new battery backup.

Still the dell screen. I tried plugging the pc into a different outlet, and then two different rooms. 

Right now my pc is hooked up on the diningroom table, and i had someone else check how im hooking it up to make sure i did it right but its still broken.

Geeksquad wants $90 just to come to the house and look at it, and im on disability and cant afford that kind of cash, but the problem only seems to be in my home.

My dad is getting something to test the outlets and is checking the breakers to see if its some kind of wattage problem but his pc is in the next room and is working just fine(he has a dell xps8500).

Both my hardware and software warrenties with dell have expired.

If you have any clue whats going on with my pc please let me know, its been broken for 2 months and doing all my bleep on my cellphone is annoying.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:45 PM

What wasn't connected at the Geek Squad that was connected at home?

Try disconnecting that stuff.

For example, I see you have speakers - did you bring them to the Geek Squad?

There's a webcam on top of the monitor - was that hooked up at the Geek Squad?

What other devices are hooked up?

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Mewty

Mewty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:05 PM

What wasn't connected at the Geek Squad that was connected at home?

Try disconnecting that stuff.

For example, I see you have speakers - did you bring them to the Geek Squad?

There's a webcam on top of the monitor - was that hooked up at the Geek Squad?

What other devices are hooked up?

thanks for the advice. turns out the shift key on the keyboard was stuck! i feel really stupid now lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users