Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reinstalling Windows on Problematic Laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JuicyDeuce

JuicyDeuce

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 08 May 2016 - 01:04 PM

So I'm trying to clean up my buddy's sisters laptop. He said it was getting blue screen within minutes. I never played around on it, I just put in my windows 7 disc and began trying to wipe it and install a new windows 7.

I tried wiping and formatting the hard drive and throwing windows on there but I think I messed up somewhere. Whether I formated it wrong it was something else, I'm not sure but it wouldn't install windows. When I try to install windows it says it cannot install required files. Make sure all files are available etc. Error code 0x8007045D

When I boot the laptop it says bootmgr is missing. So I think the hard drive needs to be formatted properly and windows 7 installed. How do I go about doing this? I'm guessing I need to open cmd prompt in the I'm windows installation screen and format it through commands.

Can somebody help me out with this?
If you need more info please let me know

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 08 May 2016 - 01:22 PM

Is this disc the same version of Windows 7 that was installed on the laptop?  Ex.  Windows Home (64-bit)

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 JuicyDeuce

JuicyDeuce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:10 AM

It my have had windows 8, I'm not too sure. I'll check when I get home from work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users