First, print out these instructions, or copy them to a NotePad file for reading while in Safe Mode, because you will not be able to connect to the Internet to read from this site.
Then please download, install and update Ewido Anti-Spyware v4.0
. DO NOT perform a scan yet
Print out the Ewido Install and Scan Instructions
and follow the instructions for using SmitfraudFix
. Read "How to create/extract a ZIP File in Win ME/XP/2003
" or "How to create/extract a ZIP File in Win 9x/2000
" if your not sure how to do this.
After using the tool reboot again in "SAFE MODE
" and Clean
out your Temporary Internet files
- Quit Internet Explorer and quit any instances of Windows Explorer.
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet Options.
- On the General tab, click "Delete Files" under Temporary Internet Files.
- In the Delete Files dialog box, tick the "Delete all offline content check box", and then click "OK".
- On the General tab, click "Delete Cookies" under Temporary Internet Files, and then click "OK".
- Click on the Programs tab then click the Reset Web Settings button. Click "Apply" then "OK".
- Click "OK".
Next Click Start
, click Control Panel
and then double-click Display
. Click on the Desktop
tab, then click the Customize Desktop
button. Click on the Web
tab. Under Web Pages
you should see a checked entry called Security info
or something similar. If it is there, select that entry and click the Delete
button. Click "Ok
" then "Apply
" and "Ok
the Recycle Bin by right-clicking the Recycle Bin
icon on your Desktop, and then clicking Empty Recycle Bin
Then scan with Ewido
per the instructions you printed out and reboot back to normal mode.
HijackThis is an advanced tool
which displays areas of the Windows registry where the majority of Viruses, Trojans, Spyware, Adware, and Malware reside. HJT will scan certain areas of your system and then create a log to help diagnose the presence of undetected malware in these known hiding places. If you still are having problems after doing the above I will direct you on how to post a Hijackthis log.
Edited by quietman7, 07 August 2006 - 07:55 AM.