Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SoftwareBundler: Win32/Dlhelper

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 didiersaenen

didiersaenen

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 08 May 2016 - 04:41 AM

I did a Windows Defender scan 2 days ago which reported me I had malware (SoftwareBundler: Win32/Dlhelper) on my computer. I successfully removed it with Windows Defender but was wondering if there are still infections on my computer.

I have Malwarebytes PRO and AVAST premium installed but it seems it didn't get detected by them.

Also, Adwcleaner reported 3 registery keys, but I think I got these yesterday when I was on a bad website I think. I cleaned these, but kept them in the quarantine manager just in case they aren't harmful.

I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,851 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:40 AM

didiersaenen:

:welcome: to the Bleeping Computer Am I Infected? - What Do I Do? Forum. My name is Phil, and I would like to address you by your first name, if that is alright with you, since we will be working together.

According to Microsoft, Windows Defender will remove that threat, as you reported. See this link.

Just to be sure that nothing is else is lurking on your computer, let's run an ESET online scan.  It is very thorough.

:step1: ESET Online Scanner using Internet Explorer:

Note 1: These instructions are for Internet Explorer only! If you're using Chrome or Firefox, you will need to download and install the ESET Smart Installer tool before it can scan. See instructions here.
Note 2: You will need to disable your currently installed Anti-Virus, how to do so can be found here.

*Click this link to open ESET OnlineScan.
* Place a checkmark next to "Yes, I accept the Terms of Use", then click the greenstart.png button.
* When prompted allow the Add-On/Active X to install.
* In the new window that opens, tic the radio button next to Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
* Then click "Advanced settings", and make sure there is a checkmark next to only the following items (uncheck everything else):

• Remove found threats
  • Scan archives
  • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
  • Enable Anti-Stealth technology

*Then click the shieldstart.png button and ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
*When the scan completes, click List Found Threats (only if anything is found).
*Then click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
*Click back.png, then click finish.png to exit ESET Online Scanner.

Don't forget to re-enable your antivirus when finished!

Just a word of advice, it is not recommended to enable more than one anti-virus or anti-malware product at any one time.  It can cause conflicts, slow down your computer, and reduce the effectiveness of the anti-virus/anti-malware applications.  See this link here for an informative post by Quietman7.

Please copy and paste the ESET scan log into your next reply.

Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Graduate of the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Study Hall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users