Edit: If you have not already reset the setting is the System Configuration please do so now.
MPC Cleaner is PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program). These PUPs are usually included in downloads. These are third party programs which the author of the main program download receives extra dividends by allowing these third party programs to be bundled in their download.
It think it might be a good idea at this point to run some scans to see if there is an infection involved here. In order to use the tools needed for these scans this topic will have to be moved to the Am I Infected forum where these tools are allowed. These tools may not be used in the Windows forums. I will have this topic moved.
Please run Malwarebytes AntiMalware
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
1) Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.
2) Malwarebytes will automatically open. You will see an image like the one below, click on Update Now.
3) Click on Settings, you will see a image like the one below.
When Settings opens click on Detection and Protection, then under Non-Malware Protection, click on the down arrow for PUP (Potentially Unwanted Programs) detections and select Treat detections as malware.
4) Click on Scan (next to Settings), then click on Scan Now. The scan will automatically run now.
5) When the scan is complete the results will be displayed. Click on Delete All.
6) Please post the Malwarebytes log.
To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.
To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop. Copy and paste the log in your topic.
Please run AdwCleaner
Please download AdwCleaner and install it.
When AdwCleaner opens you will see an image like the one below.
Click on Scan to start the scan.
Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed. If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.
If there are no malicious programs are found you will receive the following message.
Click on Clean to remove the selected items. If you have any questions about any items in the list please copy and paste the list in your topic so we can review it.
You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be closed so that the infections can be removed. Click on OK. The computer will be restarted to complete the cleaning process.
When the cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented. Please copy and the paste this log in your topic.
Please run the ESET OnlineScan
This scan takes quite a long time to run, so be prepared to allow this to run till it is completed.
***Please note. If you run this scan using Internet Explorer you won't need to download the Eset Smartinstaller.***
ESET Online Scanner
- Click here to download the installer for ESET Online Scanner and save it to your Desktop.
- Disable all your antivirus and antimalware software - see how to do that here.
- Right click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- Select Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
- Click Advanced Settings, then place a checkmark in the following:
- Remove found threats
- Scan archives
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- Click Start to begin scanning.
- ESET Online Scanner will start downloading signatures and scan. Please be patient, as this scan can take quite some time.
- When the scan is done, click List threats (only available if ESET Online Scanner found something).
- Click Export, then save the file to your desktop.
- Click Back, then Finish to exit ESET Online Scanner.
Edited by dc3, 08 May 2016 - 01:00 PM.