Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disc Burner Or Software "not Found"?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thenoose

thenoose

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 02:56 AM

As the title says, my pc cant recognise or burn cds.
Its a Sony CD-RW drive CRX210E1. Does anyone know how to reinstall the software without a cd (as it cant read them)?
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:35 AM

What software are you trying to install? It seems the drive should recognize a cd if it was working properly, wether burning or playing software was installed or not.

Do the lights on the drive come on at all, or flash at least? Do you hear the cd spinning in the drive when you insert a cd? Have you looked inside to see that the cables are connected properly? Have you tried cleaning the lens with a cleaning kit, they can be bought at any computer or office supply store for $10 USD or less?

Edited by Albert Frankenstein, 07 August 2006 - 07:37 AM.

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 thenoose

thenoose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 10 August 2006 - 01:31 PM

sorry for the late reply, but the problem is solved. Turns out the drivers were somehow disabled. Thanks for your help anyway!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users