Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC not working as well as it used too

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sharparcher

Sharparcher

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:20 PM

So I have been through the usual steps when fixing my PC (storage, virus, defragment, etc.) but its not working. Files, task manager, settings, and things of that sort take so much to open. I have no clue what is causing the problem, but a friend says that its windows 10. Is he correct?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:51 PM

Is he correct?

No.

#3 Daydreamed

Daydreamed

• Members
  • 349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:02 PM

You could take a shot at refreshing or resetting your PC.

Here, you can find the differences:

http://www.howtogeek.com/132428/everything-you-need-to-know-about-refreshing-and-resetting-your-windows-8-pc/

- Daydreamed

#4 Sharparcher

Sharparcher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:36 PM

I cant seem to find a refresh to my computer, but I did find a reset. Though I do not want to loose any files. Is there any other ways to fix this besides those 2 things.

You could take a shot at refreshing or resetting your PC.

Here, you can find the differences:

http://www.howtogeek.com/132428/everything-you-need-to-know-about-refreshing-and-resetting-your-windows-8-pc/

#5 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:56 PM

Download CCleaner, and clean it up.  Also run Malwarebytes Anti-malware.

#6 eLPuSHeR

eLPuSHeR

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:20 AM

Is this an upgrade on top of an existing earlier Windows OS or is it a clean installation?

If it is an updgrade I would advice you to get an ISO with the Media Creation Tool, backup your data, and install from scratch.

#7 Sharparcher

Sharparcher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:57 PM

Okay so I fixed it just enough that I have it working for the first 10 minutes. Though after a bit I cant open files and things of that sort. What I did was cut off some of the automatic start ups. Though this only buys me time, and not a lot. How do I revert it back to how it was without a complete reset. Also the PC was working fine until a week before I made this post. That span of time is about a couple of months. So its a relatively newish computer. Could I have overloaded some hardware using nothing but google steam and some video making software (bandicam and audacity) 

Edited by Sharparcher, 10 May 2016 - 08:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users