Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system crash with Graphics card failure ,, maybe ?????

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 firsttaff

firsttaff

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:59 PM

Hello i have posted this for help in the hardware forum  but perhaps it may be more appropriate to here  so  here goes 

I had left the pc on for a few hours , and when I returned the screed was blue (no wording just blue?? ) so I rebooted got a windows failed  to load ,screen aske dme to ty to repair , this I did , the repair started and then it got a blue screen of death with a error which i regret i did not note down , so after several reboots with the results and the same error i eventually ended up with "no signal" on my monitor , I tried the monitor with another pc   , monitor fine as are the cables , I then tried a different (working ) video card in the pc  still no joy . I tried the video card from the failed pc in a working pc , no joy that way either , I am now stumped ??

my spec as follows , the pc was built by myself in 2011 , I have had no hardware problems before 

windows 7 ultimate 64

Asus P8 P67 Pro rev 3.1  mother board

MSI N580 GTX Twin frozer 11  Graphics card  
 Intel Core i7 2600K processor 
Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit ram 
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX
500GB SEAGATE 72RPM 32MB SATA-

I hope that you can give me some idea of what to try  next ?
thanking you in advance 
Bryan 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:01 PM

Well, you've tried most of what I would have suggested.

The only other thing was putting the other video card back in the system that it originally came from.   Does it work there?

If so, then the video card is good (as is the motherboard in that system).

So, that means that the possibilities are:

- bad video card

- bad motherboard

- both are bad.

Try the steps here (but if you're not getting video, you may not be able to do much):  http://www.carrona.org/strpdown.html

If it's the worst case (both the video and motherboard are bad), then the next step is to try another motherboard with a working video card (to be sure that they work).

Unfortunately, you'll likely have to purchase a motherboard.  I'd suggest finding a shop that will let you return the motherboard for your money back (but worst case, they may want a 15% restocking fee).

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users