Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB RIGHT PROTECTED PROBLEM

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sasuke1

Sasuke1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:16 PM

I have a problem with my usb flash drive when i try to formate it.it show the disk is right protected i cant copy anything in that usb how to fix it..please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thedarkness

thedarkness

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:44 PM

Some flash drives have locks at the side that can switch the device to read-only mode, although it isn't very common.

You could also try diskpart to remove the device's 'read-only' attributes, as shown here. That should allow the disk to be formatted correctly again. Make sure the disk you select is the right one. After your usb flash is successfully formatted, you can check it with error tools such as H2testw. It also checks to see if your card genuine and not counterfeit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users