Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cursor Missing, No Touchpad Settings

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 2245land

2245land

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:37 AM

Guyss plss help mee!! im having this problem for 2 months and now im not using my new windows 10 laptop 

because after i upgraded to windows 10 my cursor is missing and i tried all the possible fixex for it but still i have no touchpad settings in my mouse properties i have installed the 2 touchpad drivers synaptics and ELANTECH but i dont know why its still not working plss help me i ddont want to waste money for fixing this :) take note my laptop is Aspire e5-511 windows 10 

plssss read and thank you for some guys who will help me :(((

this account is my mothers so dont be bad at me hahahaahha :)

Sorry for my bad english guys im filipino and im still learning english grammars and literature sorry guys

Edited by 2245land, 07 May 2016 - 07:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:30 AM

I'm having problems receiving notifications of replies.

If I don't respond within 48 hours, please send me a Private Message to remind me.

If you attach a mouse (with a wire) to the laptop, does it work?

What is the exact make and model of the laptop?

Can you see the touchpad in Device Manager?  If so, are there any error messages there?

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 2245land

2245land
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 03:46 AM

uhmm sir if i attached my wireless mouse its working perectly for my laptop but when i go to device manager the only pointing devices is just the wireless mouse and i have no error messgae that appears to my laptop

that photo is my laptop model and i also tried downloading the 2 touchpad drivers there still not working..... 

Attached Files

Edited by 2245land, 08 May 2016 - 03:52 AM.

#4 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 374 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 08 May 2016 - 04:01 AM

Did you get the drivers direct from Acer - if not try here:-

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

On my computer this offers me the choice of 64bit Windows 10 or 64 bit Windows 8.1 drivers for the E5-511.

You probably don't want both drivers installed at the same time - they are alternatives - so if one doesn't work then uninstall it before installing the next one.

If you don't have the touchpad showing up on Device Manager under Mice & Pointing Devices is there any un-identified or malfunctioning devices shown which could possibly be your touchpad? If not your touchpad may be turned off (if your laptop has a way of doing this) or it may be faulty.

#5 2245land

2245land
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 05:58 AM

my question sir how do i uninstall the drivers that i have installed in my computer is it in the control pannel and unistall a program?

#6 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 374 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:55 AM

My limited experience of touchpad drivers to date suggests that they will show up in "Programs and Features" (which you can access through Control Panel or by right clicking on the Start button) & you can uninstall them from there.

Another way of uninstalling drivers (which unfortunately won't work for you in this instance) is to right click on the item in "Device Manager" & select uninstall.

Another way (but probably not usable for you in this case as you have been using the machine for a while) is to create a system restore point before you install a driver - you can then restore the system to that state if your driver install doesn't work.

However I'm not convinced think that drivers are your problem as on a clean install a touchpad will normally work with just the Windows provided mouse drivers - there will be no touchpad settings available but the cursor moves & the buttons work & the device shows up in Device Manager as a mouse.

So I would suggest you consider backing up your data, ensuring that you have installation files or disks for any software you own & doing a clean install of Windows 10 - as in my experience upgrade installs can be very troublesome - one of mine "lost" the DVD drive - but it reappeared when I did a clean install.

(You can download Windows 10 installation media using the Media Creation tool - as you have already installed it once on your machine the same version (I.e. Home or Pro) will re-activate automatically when re-installed on your machine - just select "I have no product key" when you are asked early in the install process.

#7 2245land

2245land
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 11:14 PM

Really thank you sir for your efforts so what i will do is just clean install my laptop and BOOM!!

its fixed i hope that is gonna work for me too 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users