Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer (WIN10) Boots Then Reboots

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 MattTatt

MattTatt

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:15 PM

This started the first part of May, and continues.  It will boot up to desktop, then for no apparent reason that I can see, it restarts. (That is what it says on the screen, as the little white arrow goes around in a circle - restarting).

Sometimes it goes to restarting 6 or 7 consecutive times.  Other  times 1 or 2 times.   I have gone back to last month with "Restore point".  Seems the same as before I did the go back in time.

Any suggestions?  Really need the help.  Thought about doing a total wipe, until I found this forum.  Just out of curiosity, would a program like Wise 365 help at all?  I have System Mechanic, and they tell me all is okay!  Right. 

Thank You, MT

Edited by Queen-Evie, 07 May 2016 - 12:50 PM.
moved from Windows 10 Discussion to Windows 10 Support

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:09 AM

How long have you been using System Mechanic?

#3 MattTatt

MattTatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:26 PM

6 months. Is System Mechanic in your opinion good for a novice, or not?  Thanks.  I did remember last night, someone told me to check for dust, I did & cleaned it, and it booted right up with no restarts. Hopefully this will continue.

#4 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:39 PM

I asked because System Mechanic may even be the cause of your problems.  System Mechanic includes a "registry tuner".  Bleeping Computer does not support the use of registry cleaners and optimizers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407147/answers-to-common-security-questions-best-practices/?p=2853053

#5 MattTatt

MattTatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2016 - 05:06 PM

Agouti, Thank you.  I do remember others saying before about not using any programs that clean the registry. Is there a program that can clean other parts of the computer, and not touch the registry at all, that you would recommend?  Thanks, MT

#6 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:02 PM

You can use CCleaner (the free version).  Just don't use the registry cleaner.  Look out for bundled unwanted extras during the install or get the portable version instead (the 2nd download button) which won't have any crapware.

#7 MattTatt

MattTatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 02:05 PM

Hi,

Have DL CCleaner, and will follow your instructions about not using the registry part.   This morning the computer went into its restart mode again, and all I was able to do was to restore to an earlier point.  Unfortunately it put back system mechanic and PrivZer, and am hesitant about removing them again, because of issues.I will probably get., like the restarts again.  

I noticed that Speccy showed both programs in the Operating System section (yesterday afternoon, after I removed them.), if I see them there again after removing,

what would I remove them with?

Just trying to get this computer back to some sort of normalcy, and I really appreceate your help!  Thanks, MT

#8 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 02:38 PM

Has the problem return after you did the system restore?  If not, you can uninstall both System Mechanic and PrivaZer.  I searched and found these instructions to uninstall System Mechanic.  Ignore the instructions to reinstall System Mechanic near the end of the page.   This other page describes how to uninstall PrivaZer.  If you want to continue using PrivaZer, I would recommend you turn off the registry cleaning setting as described here.

#9 MattTatt

MattTatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2016 - 12:18 PM

Hi Agouti,

Thanks for all the info.  Decided to keep PrivaZer, and disabled the "registry cleaning setting, like you said."  Haven't done anything with System Mechanic yet, as I wanted to ask you if I need to do the optional steps listed:  "Remove the system mechanic professional registry entries under Windows 10," " i.e. : Right click start and click run; enter regedit in the run box and then hit enter on the keyboard; then the registry editor will open. "   THIS IS NOT WHERE I WANT TO BE, IN THE REGISTRY.  BESIDES  IT IS TALKING ABOUT SYSTEM MECHANIC PROFESSIONAL, AND I HAVE THE REGULAR VERSION

Or am I only suppose to do what is says under : Step-By-Step-Instructions. Windows 10 Steps: 1-4; and Windows 8 and up steps: 1-5

Thank you very much for your help, MT

#10 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2016 - 01:14 PM

I wouldn't worry about the reference to the professional version.  I am sure both the professional and regular versions of System Mechanic create registry entries.

It's good that you have healthy respect for the registry.  Deleting the wrong entry can certainly produce undesirable effects.  However, in this case, it should be okay once you are careful.  If you want, you can make a backup of the registry with Tweaking's Registry Backup before you proceed.  I would go for the portable version.  If everything is working well after you delete the entries and run the system for a week or two, you can delete both the backup and the tool.

Also, just so that you would know, leaving these entries should be okay too.  Orphaned registry entries would not affect the system in any way.  So it's your choice whether you want to delete the registry entries.

#11 MattTatt

MattTatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:20 PM

Tried getting rid of System Mechanic, but got an error message.  Will try to put in here, as it won't let me uninstall at all. Can't I use CCleaner to remove it?

I don't see how to upload a print screen.  Help, thanks MT

#12 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:05 AM

Follow this tutorial to insert an image in your post: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14738/inserting-an-image-within-a-post/

#13 eLPuSHeR

eLPuSHeR

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:09 AM

I advice you getting the free Geek Uninstaller and using it for removing that pesky application. If normal "remove" procedure doesn't work, there is an option to uninstall uninstalling an application "by force". Take your time to check the leftovers to be removed though.

Edited by eLPuSHeR, 10 May 2016 - 08:09 AM.

#14 MattTatt

MattTatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:54 AM

Here's my image about systm mechanic  :http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/scarlett_618/IMG00057.jpg

I hope I did this right?  Any suggestions?  Thanks

#15 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:08 AM

All I see is this...

IMG00057.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users