Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer screen turned green/red

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dalton1103

dalton1103

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:08 PM

I was watching Netflix on my TV with my other monitor connected to the computer, and all of a sudden the TV screen turned red and the monitor turned green and the audio started making really weird sounds. It stopped after about 10 seconds and the computer simply went back to what it was doing before. The computer is working just fine now but I would like to nip this in the bud if the problem could grow.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:12 PM

Is the television a CRT/Tube or projection?  A failing Blue could cause the issue.

Other possible issue would be video card related, depending if you're using HDMI for both video and sound.  The problem in this case may be as simple as a driver update or as complex as replacing the video card.

Most likely the stream was briefly corrupted and you should be fine.

#3 dalton1103

dalton1103
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 02:10 PM

I am using HDMI for video, a auxiliary cord connected to separate speakers, and the monitor was connected through a display cable that comes with most monitors. They're three different connections, so I would think it has something to do with the computer. It wasn't just the stream that was corrupted though, the monitor that was only displaying the desktop turned red at the same time the TV turned green (or vise versa, I don't remember which was which).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users