Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Corrupt XP proffesional with service pack 3

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,636 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:03 PM

Did you try both AutoStreamers, the one that was a zip file and the other that you installed normally?

One other thing to try. Right click the AutoStreamer exe file and select Run as Administrator. 

If the above still does not work then download nlite here and install it. I just installed on a Windows 7 computer and it installed correctly. Run nlite. It's similar to Autostreamer. It will ask for the Windows CD source.  Click on the Service Pack button and browse to the SP3 file. 

Here is a step by step guide of nlite. You are only concerned with the Service Pack button, none of the others.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#32 marron2

marron2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:00 AM

Thats was how I managed to get it up and running. By right click and admin status.

Will try today nlite.

Thank you .

#33 marron2

marron2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:00 AM

Hi, As I am using a borrowed laptop to do this all,I am not to happy to use strange stuff where I can do damage to his computer. I am busy downloading also a video hoiw to use nlite. Is there any way I can damage of inflict damaged files to his computer. ?

And what is the most critical selections in nlite.

Thank You for your time on this.

#34 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:23 AM

FWIW:  nLite - Deployment Tool for Unattended Windows - Guide - http://www.nliteos.com/guide/index.html .  Reading the guide may answer any questions you have about using this app.

Louis

#35 marron2

marron2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:26 AM

Hello, It seems as iuf I need to download the xp disk to a folder before nilte will pick it up. I am not comfortable to download a operational disk to a folder on a borrowed laptop. Is there no other way to solve this. I seriously need help,but I borrow a complete new laptop from a friend and do not want to damage it.

Edited by marron2, 10 May 2016 - 06:28 AM.

#36 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,636 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:25 AM

You are only creating a folder and copying all the files and folders from the XP disk to that folder. After the slipstream you can delete the folder. You are not installing XP to the borrowed laptop. If you are not comfortable doing this then have the person who owns the laptop read the nlite guide and do it for you.

#37 marron2

marron2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:01 AM

Ok,managed to get xp installed on the the program,but now when it come to the window where it ask the service pack, and I select it, it gives a warning that it detect that hot patches has been installed and if I want to clean that.

I am about to give up.

Any advice.?

Ok,as I was about to give up, it seems I did something wrong.

Just correct me please. The file where I downloaded now the xp disk,in,is that the same file I will burn to cd.

So,it will be now a upgraded version,complete with service pack three.

To say it other wise. Load disk, create a folder,and copy disk(xp with service pack 2) to that folder. That is the same folder nlite will use to upgrade.

When finished, I copy that same folder to disk

Right or wrong.

Edited by marron2, 10 May 2016 - 09:10 AM.

#38 marron2

marron2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:21 AM

For some reason I cannot get imgburn to burn that file. So,next option was to right click and sent to dvd writer. Will that be fine?

I am stressed here,as I do not have funds to replace my friend,s laptop if I damage files or anything.

Once I have the disk, what is next, Run scandisk ?

Edited by marron2, 10 May 2016 - 09:22 AM.

#39 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,636 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:54 AM

Where are you at now. Have you slipstreamed the Service Pack and you now have an iso file of the slipstreamed XP SP3?

#40 marron2

marron2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:52 AM

Hi, As said before. Could not get the burner soft ware to burn, then what I did was right click on the new file where the disk was stored, right click and cut it all to disk. So,hopefullly the disk is now right. (Lets cross fingers).

What will the next step be. As said,got disk. I havent backup all my mail messages. Is there a right way to do so,that I do not loose all my mail,as they very important. The rest of most important business files is saved om mem stick.

Thank you for being patient with me.

#41 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,636 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:38 PM

Does the disk show multiple files when you explore the CD that you burned. It should have a directory like this. One of the files should have a SP3 extension. If you do not see a SP3 file as shown in the image below post back.

To backup your emails you would need to look for see this video on backing up outlook 2003. I would back up to a USB flash drive or external drive.

post-1-1248550625.png

#42 marron2

marron2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:12 PM

Yip,more or less the same. I can see win51.sp3

#43 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,636 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:44 PM

Did you backup your PST Outlook file? Once that is done login to an admin account on your XP computer. Open a command prompt and type

sfc /scannow

It may ask for the SP3 install disk during the scan.

#44 marron2

marron2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:38 PM

Ok,problem. This is what I get.

Attached Files

#45 marron2

marron2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:49 PM

Is there any other way to determine why I get error 5, access denied.

What seems to be the main problem right now,is that files is either locked or access is denied to some services.

Administrator appears at all accounts. But is there only one level of protection,or can files be allocated to access.

I can read mail, I can receive mail,I just cannot sent mail in HTML format. If I select HTML, then the mail do not connect to the router. I cannot open any office files.

Same with pdf files. (I will try to open a word document and post the warning that comes up.

System restore give me message it failed to set at selected date.

My friend also collect his laptop. He is not very comfortable I download stuff. :-((

Attached Files

Edited by marron2, 10 May 2016 - 02:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users