Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Split from /logonuiexe-bad-image-error/#ipboard_body

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 SirousSam

SirousSam

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:42 AM

Hi dc3! and thank you for the support

the same error has just occured to me on my Vao Laptop (Windows Home Premium 64bit). the only difference is that before logonUI.exe - Bad Image (DUser.dlll) It also said: "GDI + Window: " This made me so panicked because I dont know how GDI is damaging the graphic. 

Can your solution also fix my case?

Moreover, after manually turning off the laptop and turn it on again; I got the same logonUI.exe - Bad Image for SAMLIB.dlll. So I think maybe this error is expanding all over :(

please help me

Mod Edit Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532949/logonuiexe-bad-image-error/#ipboard_body

Edited by boopme, 06 May 2016 - 09:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SirousSam

SirousSam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:33 AM

Also: 

I couldn't download ISO images. it seems that Microsoft does not publish ISO image of Windows 7 SP1 anymore. So I could not try repair option.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:44 AM

Please run System File Checker

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Click on the Start orb rsz_1rsz_1rsz_start_orb_zpshjewtibd.png and then type cmd in the Search programs and files box.

In the pane above the search box Programs will appear with cmd below it, right click on cmd and select Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, enter the password, or click Allow.

This will open the Elevated Command Prompt, it will look similar to the image below.

command%20prompt%20w8_zpsxjmewau9.png

Copy and paste sfc /scannow in the command prompt, then press Enter to start the scan.  

If the scan finds no integrity  problems the scan will stop.  Type in exit, then press Enter to stop the scan.

When the scan is finished and if intergrity issues are found (corrupt files that couldn't be repaired), please do the following.

Click on the Start orb rsz_1rsz_1rsz_start_orb_zpshjewtibd.png then copy and paste the following in the Search programs and files box.

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

This will place a new icon on the desktop titled sfcdetails.  Double click on this icon to  
the CBS log, copy and paste the log in your topic.

If this fails to place the icon on your desktop run the command from the Command Prompt.  Use the instructions I provided at the start of this tutorial.

This log may be very large, if you have problems posting it try breaking it into smaller parts.  When you copy these parts you will highlight the section you are going to copy.  If you leave that section highlighted it will give you a quick reference for where you left off.  

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 SirousSam

SirousSam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:53 AM

But  windows is not booting and the errors prevents it from going further than Microsoft logo. 

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,274 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:19 PM

That would have been nice to have been in your first post.

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 SirousSam

SirousSam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:28 PM

So sorry ! That's because this is the removed post from the previous discussion that I mentioned my problem is the same as another member (md77 who had said she cannot boot the windows up) I thought I just need to add extra problems.

Yes I tried the  safe mode but the same errors stopped windows from booting.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,274 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:53 PM

What is the model of this Vaio?

There are a couple of options available here.  One would be to call your local repair shop and see if they would be willing to give you or sell at a reasonable price a installation disc for this version of Windows 7.

The other is that there a very strong possibility that this computer has a System Recovery partition which you can use to revert the operating system back to the condition it was in when it was shipped from the manufacturer.  Unfortunately this is quite literal in the sense that it will restore the operating system back to the way is cam in the box.  Anything that was added, data, programs, pictures, etc. will be lost.  

#8 SirousSam

SirousSam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:05 PM

That is a EA2 GFX/B Vaio 

So there is no hope I could access my data??  Even if I get one of the Rescue Disks (e.g. Casper)?  

the windows is original and I've been keeping it updated. now if I use the installation disk, will that keep my data or everything will be back to zero?

Finally, Is there the slightest hope that I can keep my programs and desktop? any options I would try.

#9 SirousSam

SirousSam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:09 PM

*Kaspersky Rescue disk I menat

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,274 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:23 PM

If you can get a copy of the Windows 7 installation disk you could do the Repair Installation which would not cause the loss of any data.

#11 SirousSam

SirousSam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:40 PM

I might be able to find recovery disks that I was provided when I bought the laptop. they are not with me now and I have to travel to get them. However I do not know how to repair system with these disks. I am so in need my data I cannot risk doing any mistake.

I repeat my other question about the Kaspersky Rescue Disk: will it help to detect any probable malware when booting? I wan to see which solution should I spend time and money?

Thank you

#12 SirousSam

SirousSam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:35 PM

needed to mention that I did not have my system partitioned and everything is in Drive C. So data will be at high risk anyways : ((

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,274 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:29 PM

I don't believe your problem is not malware related.

Get a installation disk either form the manufacturer or as I suggested before, see it a local shop will help you out and either give you a copy.  They really can't sell you a disk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users