Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Activation Pro... HELP!?!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TechAsWeKnowIt

TechAsWeKnowIt

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:53 AM

My PC has recently been hit with ransomware. 

My Windows Defender was up-to-date but I noticed that my Malwarebytes wasn't and the virus seemed to have slipped through the cracks of my security.

I followed the DIY instructions on BleepingComputer on how to get rid of the ransomware, but the instructions were weird. 

How were you able to gain access into your PC through "Safe Mode with Networking", when the Windows Act. Pro. is the first thing that blocks you from gaining access the moment you enter your password??

I did the "Ctrl + Alt + Del" and I was able to get rid of the Windows Act. Pro. but now all I see is a black screen with "Safe Mode" on each corner of the screen.

The instructions seems to go about as if the ransomware never popped up, allowing you to install Malwarebtyes and scan your PC without an issue, yet I can't even do that. I might just format my PC if all else fails. 

My question is, how do you bypass WAP in Safe Mode so I can scan my PC for any viruses? I already downloaded Malwarebytes (the latest version) onto my external hard drive (from my laptop), and it's ready to be plugged in and install the anti-virus software. I just need to get into my infected PC on Safe mode

I havent made any changes on my motherboard, or CPU.

I use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes.

I use Windows 7 SP1

Edited by TechAsWeKnowIt, 06 May 2016 - 04:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruibranco

ruibranco

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:25 AM

I did the "Ctrl + Alt + Del" and I was able to get rid of the Windows Act. Pro. but now all I see is a black screen with "Safe Mode" on each corner of the screen.

When you are at this point try to ctrl+alt+delete and go to task manager, then you have the option to start a new task (File -> New task).. write explorer.exe and windows explorer should be started and you will be able to access to your computer/files

#3 TechAsWeKnowIt

TechAsWeKnowIt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:23 AM

Got it! Thank you so much!

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 06 May 2016 - 02:44 PM

I have moved your topic to a more appropriate forum.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users